Pod Your Reef

Ok its time for me try my hand at a pico

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Thanks man Im going to replace some of the not so interesting zoanthids with some new ones that my coral guy is getting in within the week. so stay tuned and I will have them up by the beginning of the next week and i had him frag a silver tip xenia that should be on a rock in a few days also!

P.S. correction my Blaso is a merletti not welsi

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Check it out I finally found one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture_0251.jpg

I am going to start a new thread with the building of my mantis tank...I made a homemade nano cube with a dremel, acrylic, spray paint, silicone, a 10 gallon aquarium, and some PC bulbs...

^^that is an outrage! I will sell one to you for $999 and 100 cents!

You can get them at liveaquaria.com or somtimes websites sell them.My LFS as one,it keeps being returned! almost all the SW people here in victoria are just stupid,they dont reacerch the animals befour they buy*shakes head sadly*

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

I've got a problem I had some flatworms all over a couple of mushrooms so I got some stuff from a LFS that a guy (that really does know his stuff) told me just kills flatworms and he told me that it wont hurt anything else so I put it in there and all the flatworms went crazy squirming all over the place then they released from wherever they were and died. but then I saw a micro star die and a couple of copeopods croak I changed a ton of water (by a ton I mean a couple of gallons there are about 3.5 gallons total in the system) and put some charcoal in the fuge to to take the med out and now today almost all of my zoas, 2 shrooms, ricordea, and my colt coral are all sucked in. The guy at the LFS said that when the flatworms die they release a toxin and that is why I need charcoal so I am hoping that everything makes it through the trouble and is OK. Wish me luck.

• 2 weeks later...

WELL! ..I'm on the edge of my seat, did everything make it OK?

Great tank! I think I'm gonna start a pico for my office this week. My LFS has the same pico you started with for $30.00 and it includes the light.

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Yea everything made it ok...It was touch and go for a couple of days but I put some charcoal and phosphate sponge and another pad that was supposed to take out medicine in my fuge and now everything is back to normal.

30 bucks man thats a steal, scoop that up and good luck.

15-and-6-GAL-NANO
What eats live worms? :naughtydance:

Spotted mandarin gobys do but I dont think that I would ever live it down if I put a mandarin in a 2.5 gallon tank.

• 1 month later...
15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Man, I havent been here for a wile. I have some new stuff and my colt coral is HUGE now I will have to get some new pics up... now im off to look at FUGU!!!s thread I havent posted there for a wile.

• 3 weeks later...
15-and-6-GAL-NANO

l_643ca9625547559a63ef195b938577b1.jpg

Here is an updated pic. this is a terrible pic but my camera batteries were about to die so I had to get one quickly. Since my las photo I have added a kenya tree (small and in the bottom left corner), another tiny frogspawn, another ricordia, frilly mushroom, 2 watermelon shrooms, cup coral, some red zoanthids, my colt coral is HUGE now and my GSP's are all over the place!!!! My yellow gorgonian is sprouting another twig and my purple gorg is growing also. all of the acros are almost completly covering their bases and alot taller the monti is growing well. my neon goby died. and where I started with one xenia I now have 6 xenia those things spread like crazy.

l_643ca9625547559a63ef195b938577b1.jpg

Here is an updated pic. this is a terrible pic but my camera batteries were about to die so I had to get one quickly. Since my las photo I have added a kenya tree (small and in the bottom left corner), another tiny frogspawn, another ricordia, frilly mushroom, 2 watermelon shrooms, cup coral, some red zoanthids, my colt coral is HUGE now and my GSP's are all over the place!!!! My yellow gorgonian is sprouting another twig and my purple gorg is growing also. all of the acros are almost completly covering their bases and alot taller the monti is growing well. my neon goby died. and where I started with one xenia I now have 6 xenia those things spread like crazy.

Very Very Nice tank ... I like it alot . . Makes me want to pack my tank out :]

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Its taken a wile but im happy with it. I think that I have room for one or two more small bunches of zoas. Today I added a small favities frag (brain coral)

Its taken a wile but im happy with it. I think that I have room for one or two more small bunches of zoas. Today I added a small favities frag (brain coral)

You're my inspiration! I hope to start a 2.5 soon. Hope mine goes as well.

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Thanks for all of the support. My girlfriend started up the old 2 gallon tank again I think we are just going to do all mushrooms with it.

• 3 months later...
15-and-6-GAL-NANO

well the tank is doing extremly well I just added some giant white clove polyps that have line green fingers and some more blue zoas I will take some pics and put them up again... I started growing zoanthids in my 200 gal and I will have some for sale asap

• 3 weeks later...
silverteen

Just Wanted to say that you have a stunning pico. Id love to try one myself but think my girlfriend would kill me! Ive only just started a 24 gallon cube.

hmmm One day !

hey can u tell me how the whole fuge/sump system works i wanna out my fuge back to back with my tank and i dont wanna drill any suggestions?

Archived