Pod Your Reef

1.5 Gallon Pico

jenniebutterfly

froggiebunbun

Jenny, just a head's up. My nimble did scratch my plastic tank... I had to be very very careful with it and make sure nothing b/w it and the tank side. Even a lil molted pod shell could scratch up my plastic 6.6g before.

jenniebutterfly

yeah i think i am goign ot have to use my hand and a small piece of microfiber or something

try a child's toothbrush (clean new one). if it's still too short you can rubberband it to a chopstick (cheap throwaway type). if you're diy-brave, you can also heat bend it into optimal shape/curvatures with a lighter or a candle (tip: do it by the sink so you can flash freeze it into position).

for larger tanks i use the same method but on a wooden dowel rod (24" or so, home depot).

otoh, the nimble's friggin awesome! B) but there are just some spots it cannot reach. hth

jenniebutterfly
try a child's toothbrush (clean new one). if it's still too short you can rubberband it to a chopstick (cheap throwaway type). if you're diy-brave, you can also heat bend it into optimal shape/curvatures with a lighter or a candle (tip: do it by the sink so you can flash freeze it into position).

for larger tanks i use the same method but on a wooden dowel rod (24" or so, home depot).

otoh, the nimble's friggin awesome! B) but there are just some spots it cannot reach. hth

toothbrush sounds like a good idea. i have a 5 yr old and for some reason i did not think of this lol. thanks tiny :D

toothbrush sounds like a good idea. i have a 5 yr old and for some reason i did not think of this lol. thanks tiny
you're welcome! i've got a 5 & 7 & 13 so i've seen it all. :lol:

just make sure they don't see you do it (use their stuff) otherwise they might get the idea to "help". :o

• 2 weeks later...
jenniebutterfly

yup thats it. i love this tank. would be so much better if the lights were more powerful though. when will these manufactures learn that we want tanks on steroids?

yup thats it. i love this tank. would be so much better if the lights were more powerful though. when will these manufactures learn that we want tanks on steroids?

haha, it's tetra. when will they learn not to put a picture of 5 platies in the tank on the side of the box... and then recommend the tank for a single betta, lol. there are better tanks out there, imo, for pico reefs than this one, although i DO wish that SOMEONE would specifically manufacture a kit in the 1-2 gallon range specifically made for a pico with DECENT lighting for a change... and out of glass, too.

you seem to be doing a good job with this one though. keep it up :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived