inTank Media Baskets

incredibly thin white worm with black stripes i think?

djchristone

djchristone

ok wtf...i got gsp today and i can only assume these worms came with the rock the gsp is on.

they're incredibly thing white forms with what appear to be small horizontal stripes on their body...kinda like segments...one is like 1 cm long the other 1 inch...

can't really take a pic...prolly won't even show up...

what the heck are they? o.O

ok wtf...i got gsp today and i can only assume these worms came with the rock the gsp is on.

they're incredibly thing white forms with what appear to be small horizontal stripes on their body...kinda like segments...one is like 1 cm long the other 1 inch...

can't really take a pic...prolly won't even show up...

what the heck are they? o.O

I found a similar "thing" on my front glass yesterday(29 gal fowler) about 1 cm long, but could not distinguish segments or stripes! I noticed it waving in the current, and as I watched it detached lrg end from glass and swam with very deliberate direction and attached to live rock. It swam with a spiral motion like it knew where it wanted to go!! also noticed 10-15 smaller white specks on glass that were not there the day before- did see maroon clown stirring sand bad with his tail last couple days. (parasites, some type of worms in the sand??) :huh:

djchristone

yes i did see both ends of the worm...but the larger one was i think trying to go into the sand bed? o.O my sun coral blocked the view so yeah...the other was going around on my nass's shell and then just disappeared...

ok and wtf...i now see a small tunnel in the sand up against the glass...which was not there last night...

can you see both ends of the worms?

or just 1 end sticking out of a rock?

if you can only see one end of it what does that make it? I have alot of these in my live rock coming out between zoos and such????

Archived