whats the cheapest online store for a tank. HELP!

reefkidsclownfish

reefkidsclownfish

i need to find a VERY cheep 20 gl tank, please tell me you people know where there is one? a REALLY nice online store? i just need the tank, nothing else, HELP!!

travisurfer

cheap and really nice dont goo together. you cant normally find glass tanks online since they arent very practical to ship. why not just buy one locally? you could get a spare nanocube 24 tank but it would cost you around $90 plus shipping. im sure you could find one somewhere in St.Louis

is there a reason it has to be online? shipping a 20g tank will cost more than the tank itself. check out the lfs, petsmart, petco, and maybe even wal-mart, kmart, etc.

Chupacabras

You can't find one locally? After shipping charges the cost is going to be much higher than if you'd just gone to Walmart and bought one.

reefkidsclownfish

u sure? i'll try petco (again) and see if they have a 20 gl (the last time i went, the only had 10's and smaller, and 30's or bigger, the resin why i need a 20 is because i already have a filter, and a heater, i am trying to save as much as possable) i have a 10 but the filter is for a 20 and so is the heater, plus i want a loger tank because i want a pair of clownfish.

no disrespect intended however if you are that concerned about the price of a tank you maybe want to rethink saltwater. The tank is probably your least expensive component. Your lighting, LR, LS, salt mix, refractometer, test kits, fish, etc etc etc are all really really going to add up.

That said, a local fish store or Walmart, Meijers, Petco, etc should all have simple glass aquariums for very little money.

*edited to add you can also check your local craigslist.com or ebay... you can often find great deals on used tanks from other local fish keepers

i just bought a 29 gallon at walmart for 50 bucks it included filter heater and hood and lightbulb ,,,how much cheaper can you get,,,,,,even tho im not gonna use it for saltwater it was a great deal for fresh water,,,,i think the brand was aquagarden

Archived