Innovative Marine Aquariums

golden head sleeper goby

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

I put this guy in my 30gal extra high about a week ago and still he has never come out when i put him in he swan behind my rocks and hid in the back corner and never came out i can see him back ther so i know he is alive but still i worry. I feed with live brine so im pretty sure he is getting some food because im sure that some of them swim back there. Does he just come out at night (hence the name sleeper goby) or is he just going to be like a firefish i had that just hid till he died.

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

here is my tank it is a 30 gal extra high with a penguin bio wheel 350, skilter 250, modified with an air pump and a limewood airstone, a rio 180, 20-25 lbs of live rock, live sand, and a ton of mixed macro.

898902051_l.jpg

I have a longhorn cowfish, spotted hawk, golden head sleeper goby, scallop xenia, turbo snail, pincushion urchin, 5 hermet crabs, and 2 sand sifting crabs

FishFreak77

He is probably still adapting to the new enviroment. I know when i got my 2 YWGs, they hid for about a week and always darted to the back of the tank when I walked in the room. Now, a month later, they stay in the front and rarely run in their hole when I walk in.

I think that they come out in the day even though their name has sleeper in it. BTW, I really love your tank and your little cowfish. Good luck with the tank and the new fish! fingerscrossed

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Thanks i hope he starts coming out i still havent seen him. :D Its always nice to hear someone else likes my tank.

FishFreak77

Since you have experience with cowfish, I wanted to ask you this. Are they as hard to keep as people say they are? What do you feed yours? I was thinking of getting a camel or hovercraft cowfish for my 20H because they stay small. Will it be okay with my YWG and clownfish? Will I need to get rid of any of my fish(they're in my sig)? How did you acclamate yours?

BTW, I still love the tank! Thanks!

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

well i feed him live brine and he eats a ton of macro and he is dosile as all get out just dont put anything in there that will pick on him and you should be fine...

mine hid for a week. now he steals the frozen mysis from my hand (he also eats flake). I think mysis has a better nutritional profile for sleeper gobies then brine and then you don't have to worry about adding all those enrichments. Sleeper gobies often starve in aquariums--so as soon as he starts peekin his head out of his tunnel use a turkey baster and float some frozen mysis in his direction.

you have a tight lid right- they're jumpers!

Archived