Pod Your Reef

help with candy cane

dstarview

Just got a "rescue" candy cane from the LFS. It has nine heads and eight of them are pink and puffy. One is a sickly looking whitish blue color but is inflated normally. Again, my picture taking abilities and camera stink but can you tell anything from the picture? Will this spead to the other heads or is there something I can do to save this one head?

post-18669-1151978174_thumb.jpg

Sorry don't have any advice to offer on the candy cane, just thought it was cool to see somebody else from south carolina on here.

That is cool. Don't know how many of us there are but now I know of two! Thanks for saying hello!

montevallofalcon11

Since you seem to have 8 heads that are healthy, it might be prudent just to break off the melting one. You could fix up some kind of small hospital tank and see if it recovers. If it doesn't you still have the eight.

proraptor2

Leave it alone...If it dies it dies and if it live (which it most likely will if your tank conditions are good) then it will live

lpabsolute

Another SC boy here....Hopefully you will be able to get this coral to grow...I didn't have much luck with mine. I had a small frag with 4 heads on it which looked similar...

Archived