Innovative Marine Aquariums

are these kryptonite?

SCUBA BUZZ

SCUBA BUZZ

hey folks i think these are kryptonite i got them as a hitchiker ages ago and just wanted to know for sure

post-15655-1151968713_thumb.jpg

SCUBA BUZZ

well thanks I'm prety sure they are I'm not a big fan of zoo's myself but they were free and i figured they could be tank filler

SCUBA BUZZ

Yeah hitched a ride on on a piece of LR 3-4 polyps a year ago, survived the cycle and have since spread to about 30-35 polyps...

I personaly dont see the obsession with zoo's they are kinda cool but I LOVE my LPS's

travisurfer

im tired of all these ridiculous names for zoanthids. ughh, gorilla nipples, safe crackers, eagle eyes, fire and ice, kryptonite.... where do they come up with these names anyway?

They are all made up. If you get a zoa and can't ID it on zoaid.com you can submit a pic. and the name you choose and thats that!!

Kinda cheesy fo sheesy!!

SCUBA BUZZ

I suppose its just a way to ID things, and it also allows people to search out what the frag might look like under different light by going to zoaid.com, I've seen some UGLY looking corals that when you finaly see them in person and they are stunning... Blasto's are also starting to get names becuase of the variety of colours available...

Kinda cheesy fo sheesy!! ... no comment :D

The "rediculous" method of nameing zoanthids makes it much easier when talking to some one about what kind of zoanthids you have.

For instance if I told you I had some green center dotted, blue and orange centered, nuclear green skirt Zoanthids, it would take awile to process the image in your head. But if I simply said I have some Eagle Eye Zoathids, you automaticly know what I am talking about.

Just makes it easier because there are SO many different color morphs of zoanthids.

Archived