Innovative Marine Aquariums

star fish id pleaes?

SeaFish

i was wondering what kind of star fish is this? my gf had bought it from a local fish store in cerritos taht i have never heard of and they said it was a brittle star fish. wiht my first hand observation, i have concluded for sure that it is not what the lfs said it is. the star fish my gf bought is orange color and the surface of the star fish is very smooth. it is currently about the size of a half dollar. the local fish store said it eats algae and that its reef safe. again it is orange in color with a very smooth body. its arms/legs are thin with the center of the star fish being round. it do not have the brittle look on the brittle star fish. what kind of star fish is it? this star fish seem to dwell mostly on live rock and on the walls of the aquarium. please some one id?

oh my god, i didnt even know we had a identification forum. sorry for posting in the wrong forum. but yeah, if anyone can help, please help me id this star fish. thanks

Serpent star possibly? I have heard of red, not orange, but its possible. Does it basically look like a brittle without the spines? If so, its most likely a serpent, and these are good reef safe clean up critters.

Archived