Coral Vue Hydros

i love how my fish just disappear

Sea_Of_Treachery

Sea_Of_Treachery

ok this is really ####### me off. my last reef i had a sixline wrasse that magically disappeared, i never found him, not on the carpet, or anywhere. Today my one clownfish disappeared, not on the carpet, or in the overflow, where the hell did these fish go? is something eating them? just last night both clowns were together, all of a sudden, ones gone. ive had them for over a month. i just fed my tank, hes a no show.

do you have any crabs in your tank? sometimes they sneak up on fish at night and get them.

if not, sometimes it just happens. I've lost fish like that a bunch of times. there one second, gone the next. Sometimes even pretty good size 4" fish in my 55gal. Never to be seen again. it's crazy.

Test your water daily. That will tell you if it is still in the tank. If your params don't go out of wack, then either your CUC got to it quick, or its on the floor somewere.

Check the wall too. I had a firefish jump, and I never found it. a year later when i moved the tank I found it stuck to the wall. I guess cause it was wet, it just stuck there. All mummyfied and stuff.

sorry to hear of your loss.

Sea_Of_Treachery

i have seem a small green crab on one of my rocks, it came on a zoo rock, i havn't seen it for a while, i was gonna take it out but couldn't find it. my params are perfect. ive looked everywhere, still can't find it. guess its time for a new fish

Sea_Of_Treachery

yup not there

i need a cheap(under $20) cool fish to replace my clown, what do you guys think? no jumpers! im scared to add anything small. my clowns were about 1" or so my purple firefish is about 2"

Archived