Would it be a bad idea to put SPS in with my LPS and softies?

mr.almeida

mr.almeida

I tried finding some info on here, but I didn't find anything. I have a Sunpod 150W MH coming in, which I bought to expand the amount of corals I could keep. I currently have a finger leather, fiji leather, open brain, candy cane, and pineapple brain. I wanted your opinions. Here's how my tank is right now...

16a7147.jpg

SPS would be fine, just make sure you change your Carbon ever 1-2 weeks, otherwize your softies would be waging chemical warefare with the SPS and other corals. They could litteraly kill the others without even touching them.

Just give them space and change up the carbon often and you should be fine.

mr.almeida

Thanks for the info Travis. I use chemipure and phosguard in my filteration. So I should change my chemipure every other week?

Solarflare8806

Just to let you know the Sarcophyton in your tank is one of the most lethal corals to SPS corals like Acropora and Porites. They create a noxious mixture of chemicls that in the LEAST stunt stony coral growth. Be carefull when placing your corals and i would incorporate a protein skimmer if at all possible. The smaller polped corals are more suceptible to this chemical warfare than your brain, trumpet, and blasto.

Archived