Cultivated Reef

What ya call it?

Nano-Nut

This anemone looking fellow is snug to the rock, no tube etc. He is transparent, maybe a tad greenish, with white specks. When it closes, it looks kinda like a small pox scare. I have several of them and would like to know what to call them. Thanks.

looks like some clam feeding tubeules from an electric eye scallop.

could also be sweeper tenticles. are they based in that bivalve structure or next to it?

look up "Flame Scallop" and this will give ya better idea what I'm asking.

No Dave, the clam is actually behind this thing with the tenticles. The tenticles are coming from the rock to your right. when closed it is very flat to the rock and open it is as you see it. It does not have a tube either. Sorry the pic is so plain.

Karkadannspiral

Star coral maybe? Like Solenastrea? I might be totally off base, but I remember seeing something looking like that being on some Florida rock. They called it a star coral if I remember correctly, and I think that means Solenastrea. I couldnt find it on the hitchikers or Tampa bay salt water's site which is where I would have sworn Id read about it.

Just a guess though, I did a bit of hunting and couldnt find a pic sadly. Good luck.

Karkadannspiral is completely correct as a guesstimate.

upon looking at the shape and life on the rock we both assume you have aquacultured caribbean rock. chances are you do indeed have a starlet, or a galaxeia. those are the sweepers looking for food. Try some brine shrimp juice and a small amount of flake food dust (like in the bottom of the jer) it might eat, if not show a reaction to the food in the water.

hth.

ps: Neat stuff eh? Yer Avitar is B) dooder.

Could be. Mine is fl. aquaculture rock. The pic looks alot like mine if it several. Mine is a single but I have several spaced a couple inches or more apart. Thanks guy's.

Archived