SaltCritters.com

Bayco 13 watt worklight retro

Aggie05

Well yesterday I went out and bought a bayco worklight from walmart for 10 bucks. I am using it over my fuge. Today I went and got a black plastic "project box" from radioshack for 6 bucks and mounted the light and ballast inside the box. I simply removed the handle from the rest of the light and placed the bulb inside of the plastic tube in the box along with the balast. This way it looks like any other light hood sitting on top of the tank. here is a pic of what it looks like, I will post pics of the undreside if I can figure out a better way to keep everything in the box, right now it is aggie engineered and is too embarassing to show off.

i fixed the underside by using zip ties to hold everything in. here are the pics. I drilled holes in the top and ran the zip ties through, it doesn't look as clean as the plain box but it is still better than just the yellow light.

After having the light on for a couple hours now I can say that the only heat comes from the ballast. I think I am going to drill some holes directly above where the ballast sits and see if that eliminates some of it.

• 1 year later...

Move the ballast out from under the box. The heat is trapped and has no where to go. I would just zip-tie it to the back, out of sight.

Archived