• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I have been out and picked up a test kit so here are the results. :D

Ammonia 0

Nitrate 110

Nitrite 1.6

PH 8.3

The tank has been set up for a week now and this is the first time I have had a chance to test the water, does it look ok?

he tank has been set up for a week now and this is the first time I have had a chance to test the water, does it look ok?

hehe I think I worded this incorrectly, what I meant was do the Params look ok? Is the cycle going well? :lol:

looks like you might be near the end -- nitrites are low and nitrates are high

test again in a few days if everything's zero's (or nitrates are really low) then you are probably done.

echo-bravo 4-19

wow realy nice looking tank i like the light and how the tank has no rim at the top good luck ill be tagging along.

Thanks for all the kind responses :) Its nice to know that people are interested in my first ever attempt at a marine tank.

:D

Hang in there Shiva -- and keep us updated -- I never thought my tank would get as much attention as it has!

Cheers Argent :)

Should I wait for the nitrate to fall before adding any clean up crew?

Just thinking the hermits may eat the Aiptasia, and any I cant see.

Cheers Argent :)

Should I wait for the nitrate to fall before adding any clean up crew?

Just thinking the hermits may eat the Aiptasia, and any I cant see.

hermits wont eat it -- there's a 50/50 shot that peppermint shrimp will eat it - the best option is probably joe's juice or kalk paste (use the forums search functions for either of these)

cool, I will see if my LFS has Joe's Juice after work tomorrow.

Just tested my water and the Nitrates are in between 20 and 10, does that sound right?

sounds like they've come down since the last test....I don't think you'll get the nitrates down to zero -- is everything else at zero? if so then I think you're good for your cleanup crew.

I went to my LFS on the way home and picked up some Joes Juice so that Aiptasia is an Ex-anemone :P

I also bought 2 Hermits :D YAY

And the super cool fish guy chucked in a mushroom frag I was looking at for free :D Uber YAY!

I will get pics tomorrow as the bloody batt dead on me just now lol.

Just got in from being to the vets and snapped a few pics off :D

"Whats that comin over the hill, is it a Monsta..."

Nope its me 'ermit :P

Herm1sm.jpg

And here that freebee frag :happydance:

Mush1sm.jpg

sweet -- that first pic does look like something straight out of a bad horror film -- Killer Krabs From The Briney Deep!

PaulieWalnuts

tank looks great!!! may i suggest a digital therm. it takes up a lot less room in a tank that size and like someone else mentioned u may want to trade the powerhead for a hang-on-back filter. it will probably give u about the same flow and will also help in keepin the tank clean...but mopst importantly it will free up more space in your tank.

looks real good though!!!

josh

Be wery wery quiet, im huntin aiptasia, hehehehehe :)

Since the first one I have found 2 more, each has been nuked on sight!

In ref to the HOB filter, yeah I may modify what I have in there but for now as long as everything is healthy its all good.

I get the summer hols off and I intend to go away so I need to get my ass in gear and make this auto top off I keep on about!!!

If I score some more free or cheap frags then fine, but I dont plan on spending alot on the hope they all survive the summer.

My Hermits have a big job ahead of them in cleaning up all that algae... I will get some pics up tomorrow :D

Hmmm Should I get a larger clean up crew??? Answers on a post card.....

Kingofthejungle

Real nice tank, good to see more Ukers on!

uhhh. lol could you do me a favour?Could you measure how much depth room there is in the luminaire, as in the bulbs and behind them? I.e if i gutted the luminaire how much room would there be.....?

Oh ya can the legs move to accomodate a smaller tank?If so, how small?

Thanks!

Archived