inTank Media Baskets

Custom 6 gallon acrylic nano-reef tank

henrystyle

I basically got tired of the same old same old tanks on the market, so I decided to design my own. It is a 5+1 gallon ¼” acrylite ff acrylic tank with a false back that holds 1 gallon when running. The bio chamber has a drip plate so that there is maximum surface area covered on the live rubble rock or bio balls and maximum oxygenation of your water. You can put nano bio balls or live rubble rock in the bio chamber. I recommend live rubble rock due to my newly found information that bio balls produce nitrates. If you want to use this tank as a freshwater tank, use bio balls. There is a mangrove section where you can place miracle mud or mineral mud on the bottom and root a mangrove. Mangroves absorb nutrients from the water in order to grow, and help lower nitrates and phosphates in the aquarium therefore eliminating the need for a protein skimmer. A small heater can also fit in this section. The bubble trap is in place to stop micro bubbles from entering the display tank. There is a descent size return section were carbon or any other filled mesh bag can be placed. There is a die hard 606 mini-jet to return water back to the display tank. I installed a float switch so that an automatic water top off system can be used. It is really necessary to use an auto top off system being that the tank has no top. There will be a lot of evaporation. I routed the overflow so that it can skim the surface of the water for maximum light penetration.

Anyone interested in one of these tanks, email me. henrystyle1@verizon.net

post-4980-1151530815_thumb.jpg

post-4980-1151530886_thumb.jpg

post-4980-1151530935_thumb.jpg

post-4980-1151530973_thumb.jpg

post-4980-1151531017_thumb.jpg

post-4980-1151531060_thumb.jpg

post-4980-1151531114_thumb.jpg

Archived