Poll: Self Control

ezcompany

How do you control yourself from buying frags, equipment and upgrades?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. control

• Stop coming online
    • Have the mistress whip me (take my wallet)
    • Sheer self control
    • Other (please explain)

So how do you guys / girls do it?

its insane how there is always something to add/upgrade/do to your aquarium....geez...

montevallofalcon11

Stop? What is this term you speak of? I am not familiar with the term self control either. :)

I only stop when I only have enough money left in the bank for a six pack of beer. If a man can't drink beer and watch his reef tanks, then whats the point in going to work in the first place. Right?

Well the way I do it is pretty easy. I have an account set up at my bank, when I have spare money I deposit it into said account. When I want something or need something I use that account. The best part of the account is that I have it set up to where I can only use so much at a time with the card. If I need more out of it I have to go to the bank and take it out. I did this for the sole purpose of keeping my spending to a minimum. My tank is pretty set and full now so the only things I need are the essencials.

Now when I set up my next tank, I will be back to being broke. Everybody knows what that is like ;P

she doesn't whip me or take away my wallet. she has much more powerful ways of influencing my decision making abilities.

she doesn't whip me or take away my wallet. she has much more powerful ways of influencing my decision making abilities.

She limits the sex huh lol. Im telling ya, women can win wars by threatening that lol.

She limits the sex huh lol. Im telling ya, women can win wars by threatening that lol.

yeah thats what i was thinking but didn't want to mention :lol:

Dump the broad and sink all that love and date money into your tanks.

There, problem solved. And there was no nagging involved!

I stop buying frags because my tank is packed.

But I have not yet found a way to stop equipment & tank upgrades or re-designs.

Pinner Reef

Did that, no help, now i'm right back here \/ \/

When I find that I am unable to buy food.

I bought frags and such until my tank was packed...now the polyps and softies are exapnding all over the place and I don't want to destroy my carefully stacked rockwork to frag them :S

The Propagator

When my seat cushions are laying in the floor, and all my dirty pants have the pockets turned inside out lying next to the cushions!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

aahhh, don't listen jere. he plays under different rules. <_<

try this jere, what happens when your "significant other" starts their own nano tank at their office? thereby sucking in all available shared funds for their personal tank, and not the home tank where you can enjoy too? hmmm?

what happens then, smart guy? :P

me? i just do it without checking with the mrs. <snap!> hmph. dat's right, suckas!

i just make sure she's about 12,000 miles away first. yup.

i'm da reefmasta! boo yah!

i go to work...today from 12-9 live far enough from my lfs that I have to get up too early to go and its closed when im off

I slyly spend every spare penny in my account without the hubby knowing but then when I can't afford to buy food at the store I have little excuse :o

try this jere, what happens when your "significant other" starts their own nano tank at their office? thereby sucking in all available shared funds for their personal tank, and not the home tank where you can enjoy too? hmmm?

what happens then, smart guy? :P

Sorry, tiny, Dubya won't let us share property rights - my money is my own, and 65% of it is discretionary. Teh gheys have learned that relationships are far too volatile to share bank accounts. :)

Archived