reef hugger

another lighting ?

reef hugger

looking at other members tanks that are running 2x36 watt lighting with the 10KK and actinic they don't look like they have any blue to them. like the 10KK is over powering the actinic. on the vho setups most recommend using 2 actinic and 1-2 actinic white bulbs for keeping soft corals. that is a mixture of 75% actinic and 25% 10KK.

my ? is, for a 2x36 watt would an actinic and 50/50 be better over a 50/50 mix or would it just give it more of a blue look.

HuBu

well if you want more blue you can try gettin the actinic bulb from hellolights.com, they are true actinic compared to ahsupply.com's blue lights. there was a thread discussing this, about the 420nm in hellolights.com compared to 430nm in ahsupply.com

suprax

What your really looking for in a lighting setup is lumens (and micro einstiens if your really nuts)... But some people like a bright tank, and others like blue. I was advised against switching out one of my 65w 10k PC with a 65w 03 Actinic because it would severly decrease the amount of lumens in the tank. As far as the corals go, as long as you have a decient amount of Actinic they will be happy for the most part. I do agree with you, im going to change out my 2x 30w NO Actinics with VHO at some point... hehe.

reef hugger

another ? has anybody used realux bulbs? and are they the bulbs that petsupplyliquidator.com sell in their retrofit?