ReefCleaners.org

Hydor flo?

Alexraptor

Well i just got my Hydor Flo water deflector, and it works, but as so many others reported the flow seems lower. i just want to know, is the actual gallons per hour reduced? or just the strenght of the flow?

also i have it on a Maxijet 500 in a 15g tank, with a Prizm skimmer running on 75% of maximum open valve. will this all be enough flow or should i look into getting a second powerhead?

Well i just got my Hydor Flo water deflector, and it works, but as so many others reported the flow seems lower. i just want to know, is the actual gallons per hour reduced? or just the strenght of the flow?

also i have it on a Maxijet 500 in a 15g tank, with a Prizm skimmer running on 75% of maximum open valve. will this all be enough flow or should i look into getting a second powerhead?

I've had a hydor installed from day one so i can't comment on the difference in flow but i can say im getting fed up with dislodging my turbo snail as he climbs on it does a little merry go round manouver then gets jammed between the bulkhead and back flange of the Hydor stopping it from rotating (can't be doing him any good either).

I wonder if it's the blue bulkhead attracting him (do snails have eye's)

I've had a hydor installed from day one so i can't comment on the difference in flow but i can say im getting fed up with dislodging my turbo snail as he climbs on it does a little merry go round manouver then gets jammed between the bulkhead and back flange of the Hydor stopping it from rotating (can't be doing him any good either).

I wonder if it's the blue bulkhead attracting him (do snails have eye's)

snails have eyes yes, and quite noticable too, they are on stalks :lol:

I have 4 on my 180g and 1 on my 12g ncdx. I have not noticed any reduction in GPH on the 180g just flow strength (I still have 4 other bulkheads for direct flow). All of my corals in my 180g seem a lot happier after I added them. I will probably add another bulkhead and use the stock pump on my 12g nc for some targeted flow.

snails have eyes yes, and quite noticable too, they are on stalks :lol:

Lol, maybe i should have clarified that question slightly do snails have traditional eyes based on the same spectrum of visible light (ie enough to recognise different colours)

Lol, maybe i should have clarified that question slightly do snails have traditional eyes based on the same spectrum of visible light (ie enough to recognise different colours)

Just answered my own question with the help of google apparently most snails have 40x40 pixel resolution vision and very little if any colour receptors just light level

I have a hydor flo on my 24G being run with a maxi-jet 1200. The flow is reduced but my tank and its inhabitants have never been happier. Even my xenia is now pumping away!!!

I am considering adding 1 more to really get a good oscillating current but right now I feel like why mess with a good thing.

Archived