Coral Vue Hydros

Aquapod 12 - maxijet replacement with hydor

jcm1229

I'm setting up a aquapod 12 and am going to replace the pump with a maxijet and also use a hydor. Should I go with a mj900 or mj1200? I'm probably going to house a couple of fish and mostly Zoas.

Thanks!

MJ900 will be fine enough. Low wattage rating so it'll generate around half the heat of the stock pump. Also the flow is about right for a 12g. Have an MJ900 and Hydor in my Aquapod 12 and I love the combo. :)

MJ900 will be fine enough. Low wattage rating so it'll generate around half the heat of the stock pump. Also the flow is about right for a 12g. Have an MJ900 and Hydor in my Aquapod 12 and I love the combo. :)

How did you get the hydor flo attached? I have the not new aquapod 12 and couldn't attach it with any of the adapters.

I managed to get it to work withone of the connectors i think from the pump. It's like angled on one end, i can't describe it really though.

I managed to get it to work withone of the connectors i think from the pump. It's like angled on one end, i can't describe it really though.

go to a hardware store and buy 2 1/2 inch CPVC street fittings (they are elbow shaped), then use a little teflon tape and one of the included Hydor adapters

You can search for this mod for some pics

Archived