1. 1. Which one?

• Softie Reef with Fanworm and Clam
    • Mixed Soft Coral/LPS Tank
    • BTA Tank for My Clowns
    • Nothing But Mushrooms
    • Softie Reef with Flower Nem and Fanworm
    • Other-Please Post

travisurfer

Ok, I have to decide what I want to do with my 20H nano tank. It currently only has 65w pc lighting but Im going to upgrade to a 70w mh once one of my surfboards sells. I have 2 145gph powerheads and an ac110 fuge(just rubble and sand) turned to half flow. There is about 30lbs of liverock currently in there along with 2 pink skunks, a cleaner shrimp, and some mushies. Im going to get another shrimp soon. Anyway, back to the point. Please vote in the poll on what kind of tank I should do.

*this is my first sw tank*

fts6-22-06.jpg

i vote for other:

1 bta with softies like pulsing xenia ;) and a small lps of your choice like a bubble on the sand bed or something like that

travisurfer

ok, thats what i was kind of leaning towards since this is my first tank. just a full blown reef!

I think you should go for the Classic Nano-Reef. Shrooms, Zoanthids, and a few assorted LPS, and even a Softy or two. Can't forget Clowns (which you already have) and a shrimp or two (which i think you have?) and snails and hermits.

travisurfer

yes. i have clowns, snails, hermits, a shrimp and another one to come. im going to order some frags from seacrop. btw, i think my dad is going to let me get the 70w halide along with a guilt trip. oh well. he just doesnt want me spending too much on my tank, which i guess is a good thing since i still dont have a job. getting a couple hundred bucks once i sell some of my other stuff. ;)

I personaly LOVE LPS's I'm sick for them, I've got a green open brain 14-15 heads of Blasto Welssi, 100+ heads of Blasto merletti, 4 heads of branching hammer, beautiful Favites Brain, and a rather large tooth/galaxy coral. and then i put some softies (that i realy dont care about) in between in the potential danger zones so far all my corals have grown real well especialy the open brain favites, and hammer, and all the softies (even though they catch the occasional sting iot never seams to slow them down.

by the way best way to guilt trip back is say at least this is educational and contains practile life experience such as patience attention to detail etc. then maybe throw him the Ol' would you rather me smoke Pot all day :)

travisurfer

i like the way you think. im going to go for a super diverse mixed reef with just about every different organism i can get. btw, how are sweeper tentacles on open brains?

travisurfer

ok, just checking. this is going to basically be a full blown reef with as many different types of organisms i can find and most likely nothing to sensive though i may try a clam. i do like flower anemones though those arent too tuff. i really like those black and white ones with purple centers.

Archived