inTank Media Baskets

coralife digital thermometer

Nishant3789

Nishant3789

so whats the verdict on these things. are they any good? the details say its accurate + or - 1.5 degrees. thats alot imo... but it is like only 10 bucks

I hate mine. Its always 1 degree higher, it will be at 79.9 and than jump down 79.0 or maybe its just fudged. I always keep my mercury thermometer on handy with water changes etc.

P.S. I gave mine a SW dip once =P

^Same here! When I opened the shipping box there were two sitting right next to each other and they both read different temps. I was like WTF? Trashcan.

Hey,

they're not that bad. Mine works fine!

It tells me when my tank is too hot or too cold even without giving an accurate reading.

MJD

Tommy James

I like mine. Matches the mercury one I put in from time to time just to make sure. Who knows, maybe they're both wrong. :o My brother-in-law has the same one and likes it too.

For 6.99 it tells if your temp is going up and down more than a degree or two in 24hrs and that is more important than the exact temp. I have 2 tanks and they both have these. Not bad for the price

I like mine. I've got a Little Fishes on my 46g, and after 2 years, it reads 7° off. It's going in the trash. The LFS, where I bought the Coralife, put 5 of them in the same tank. They were all within 1° of each other.

Mel

For 6.99 it tells if your temp is going up and down more than a degree or two in 24hrs and that is more important than the exact temp. I have 2 tanks and they both have these. Not bad for the price

I agree 100%

I agree 100%

Agreed x2.

If it reads 89 and your temp is actually 88 does it really matter? You still have a problem.

make it a tripple ^^^^ exact temp realy doenst matter from what ive seen. Mine is steady and if i were to do a waterchange and the water was slightly cooler it tells me that good enough and cheep, and easier to see from across the room

Archived