addition to 24g aquapod

chkit

Hi, I wanna add the following to my 24 gallon aqua pod. Let me know if i am getting out of control.

Two Spot Goby mated pair(therefore 2 of these)

3 Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab

2 porcelain crab

1 bulb anemone

1 blood red fire shrimp

3 banded trochus snail

3 cerith snail

1 sand sifting sea star

2 black/white perculas

2 yellowhead jaw fish

2 filamented flasher wrasse

1 yellow watchman goby

2 pistol shrimp

2 porcelin anemone crab

Hmmm, 9 fish in 24 gallon tank. To me, it seems way too much!

But what do i know? LOL

that's 7 fish and other are inverts. from what i red from liveaquaria.com they said for wrasses it requires 30 gallon min and perculas clowns 20 gallons. and the rest requare 10 gallon min. I don't know. if there's any experts out there please advise. oh yea oogie, if u said u were an expert instead of saying "but what do i know" i would have followed your advice

hmm.... I see 9 fish on the list....

2 black/white perculas

2 yellowhead jaw fish

1 yellow watchman goby

Well, anyways, I don't think you should put that much fish in the 24G Aquapod. I would stick to more like 3 or 4.

hmm.... I see 9 fish on the list....

2 black/white perculas

2 yellowhead jaw fish

1 yellow watchman goby

Well, anyways, I don't think you should put that much fish in the 24G Aquapod. I would stick to more like 3 or 4.

oh yeah, advice to everyone... don't drink while surfing the information super highway

Copper1bandfly

i agree thats too much for a 24g i think all the inverts are fine and id say go for a mated perc pair (black and white and are also pretty easy to breed) the yellow watchman and ONE flasher, id say leave out the jaw if your gonna get a watchman being that both dig ALOT! so one or the other there and leave out the twin spot pair and id say thats a maxed out 24g

damn, i guess i need to get a bigger tank. this hobby is costing me a fortune. I've killed scarlet skunk shrimp, royal gramma, jawfish, 3 hermit crabs, camel shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, 2 clown gobies. and probably few more that i can't remember. however my rocks seem to be doing fine

Copper1bandfly

were all those fish in the same tank? what size? well yea your gonna need a bigger tank for all of the fish on the list u have up top...

beyondtheblue
damn, i guess i need to get a bigger tank. this hobby is costing me a fortune. I've killed scarlet skunk shrimp, royal gramma, jawfish, 3 hermit crabs, camel shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, 2 clown gobies. and probably few more that i can't remember. however my rocks seem to be doing fine

Perhaps you should find out why things are dying instead of adding to the

body count.

WOW! How did u know?

Who are you? Are you spying on me???? LOL

Looking at you right now... stop picking your nose

• 2 months later...

Ok to start...

Fish: You can have 5 MAXIMUM, thats assuming you get small fish. Id stick with 3 or maybe 4 if they are small. Also....dont add all these things at once... add 2 fish wait a month so the tank can stabilize then add one more, then the 4th if thats the route your taking. Also check on behavior patterns to decide the order to add. For instance...DONT add the mated pair first. They will be too territorial. Add the docile animals first and the most agressive last to prevent fighting. DO NOT add more than one mated pair in a tank of that size, if you do, plan the funerals now.

A nice list for you would be to pick one mater pair, either the clowns of the goby's. then get the watchman goby (and a pistol shrimp) and maybe one more fish.

Crabs: I wouldn't get so many. Pick either the porcelain crabs or the anemone crabs to start with. Just so you know, the anemone crabs can be very aggressive towards other crabs. just a warning.

Anemone: NO, unless you have pretty intense lighting and are an experienced reefer, then dont get an anemone. It will just die and foul your whole tank.

Shrimp: I would get just one kind of shrimp. Its not worth the risk of them killing each other. Im not sure if you have a pair of pistols if they will still become symbiotic with the watchman goby. Ill look into that.

Snails: I count 6 total.... you need about 1 snail for every 1-2 gallons. a good setup for your tank would be something like. 5 nassarius snails, 2 super tongan nassarius, 5 cerith, 5 astrea, and 3 banded trochus. You can always add more as needed.

Hermits: You need more... In my 24 gallon nano cube i have around 15 or 16 and thats been working out great. Make sure you get the dwarf varieties. Such as scarlet reef hermits, dwarf zebras, blue legged, etc. Make sure they are dwarf. Also make sure you get about 1-2 extra shells for every hermit you get. This will help preserve your snail population (if no shells are available the hermits will kill the snails and take thier shells).

Starfish: I would also stay away from a starfish in that sized tank. It needs several inches of sand and you just dont have enough open sand in a tank that size to support a star. They also grow to be about a foot in diameter.

Best of luck to you, just remember...

EVERYTHING in this hobby revolves around patience.

Dont add everything at once and before you add anything else... find out why everything has been dieing.

-M

You have too many fish to put in that 24. If you were to add them all, even spacing out your additions you would likely experience a lot of deaths. Even if you somehow managed to keep water params perfect there would be too much territorial fighting due to that many fish put into a very small space.

Also as someone mentioned you need a bigger clean up crew. Get more hermit crabs and more snails.

I have 1 flasher wrasse, 2 clowns, and 1 purple fire fish. I've learned my lesson not to add too many fish in my tank. I am still a beginner and not very patient. Also have 3 scarlet hermit, 2 blue leg hermit, 2 zebra hermit, 5 snails (2 margarita, and 3 i can't remember the name), 2 porcelain crabs, 1 blood shrimp, 1 bubble tip anemone(have 70 watt metal helide and it's placed towards the top), some mushroom corals. I won't be adding anymore to this tank.

Get a bigger tank

Costs too much to get another tank, especially if i'm going to get a big one. I should just fish one out and eat it. Also, 4 fish in 24g aquapod is too much?

Archived