Cultivated Reef

24G Nanocube Sump ideas needed

S.I.C.

Does anyone one have pics or drawings of an intergrated sump for a 24g nanocube?

Just looking for ideas and thoughts. I want to start the project in the next month or so wanting to start planning now. I read a bunch of different threads I found, but nothing specific for a 24g nanocube (could have missed it). I was thinking a bulkhead in the back and then PCV down to the sump and back up.

I can build the box from scratch with acrylic. I dont want to do a refugium. just a skimmer and pump and additional filtration.

What is the purpose of have the sheets of glass/acrlic at differents heights? Refugium?

Am I going about this all wrong?

All (negative and positive) advice is greatly appreciated and considered.

Reefin'

DKreefkeepers

For the longest time I had seriously thought about making a sump to go in the cabinet stand for my 24g nano cube. I was going to drill the back wall and install 2 bulkheads. I wanted it for the same reasons that you do. There is not much space down there but there is enough to get done what you want to. Instead of doing that I just bought a 30g cube tank and went from there.

For the longest time I had seriously thought about making a sump to go in the cabinet stand for my 24g nano cube. I was going to drill the back wall and install 2 bulkheads. I wanted it for the same reasons that you do. There is not much space down there but there is enough to get done what you want to. Instead of doing that I just bought a 30g cube tank and went from there.

Great. I can't wait to get my sump from you. I contacted you after I posted this.

Reefin'

Archived