Pod Your Reef

so many bristle worms!

reefer769

is it normal, and or okay to have A LOT of bristle worms, even though the tank is only 5.5 gal? its not a pretty site either, so any tips on removing some of them at least would be greatly appreciated.

djchristone

get a shrimp. my skunk cleaner and my peppermint started fighting over them...and when i seemed to have more or less run out of bristle worms...my peppermint shrimp decided to tear apart my skunk :(

yankeereefer

Wish i had that problem -

Believe it ir not - i never saw bw's in my LR - Uncured 14 lbs in 10g- I actually got some from my LFS to put in my tank - Haven't seen them sice I put 'em in

my skunk cleaner loves it when i feed him a fat bristle worm. Very cool to watch he quickly removes all the little bristles with his claws.

ehm, if they are just bristle worms, you don't need to do anything about them. They can only maintain a population that the available food can sustain. Don't worry. Just be sure they are regular friendly bristle worms.

djchristone

that kinda looks more like a fire worm rather than a bw...which would actually be bad...i saw something like that in my tank and took it out to prevent it from escaping...

DementedLullaby
that kinda looks more like a fire worm rather than a bw...which would actually be bad...i saw something like that in my tank and took it out to prevent it from escaping...

No that's just a regular BW.

Archived