Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Clowns fighting

bonecrusher71

bonecrusher71

Hi all just have a question concerning my 2 clowns lately my female clown has been chasing my male clown feircley male would have two hide under LR

I went two work tonight and got home at about 4am and he was still under rock should i seperate them?

they are both o-clowns not true percs.

Thanks in advance.

djchristone

*sigh* i wonder what stupid thing the male said to the female...i do it all the time and my gf chases me around trying to slap me :P

but as to your prob, i have no idea :P good luck though :D

firefishbrain

is the female easily bigger than the male? could the fish distinguish between the two? (big enough difference?). are either of the fish showing signs of big aggresion? nipped fins? if not they are just creating the hiearchy, if not the first, seperate...

bonecrusher71

Well i had to seperate them cause he was looking stressed out and fins were damaged so far hes happy and eating again.

could it be possible he's a true perc cause he is much darker and eyes are dark not orange like o-perc any input from you guys\gals?

Thanks in advance.

post-10000-1150928884_thumb.jpg

bonecrusher71

i bought the male first(one in pic)aug 04 and a week later the female

The female is 3in male is 2in they were getting along fine for years

I even seen them mate.

DementedLullaby
i bought the male first(one in pic)aug 04 and a week later the female

The female is 3in male is 2in they were getting along fine for years

I even seen them mate.

Hmmm is it possible the male is sick and the female notices this and is picking on him? I have seen this happen many times in freshwater/brackish. QT'ing was probably a good plan. Just keep an eye on the little fellow and try again in a few weeks. If it still happens and the little guy looks healthy as can be then I would chalk it up to her going through menopause or something.

**ducks high heeled shoes**

bonecrusher71

Well good news male and female are getting along just fine now clowns are very

strange i can relate to djchristone about the woman thing :lol:

Archived