SaltCritters.com

Perfect Pico

BckPckr

i don't know, it's some super aquadesigners brand or something, I just liked it because it looks so perfect, edges, corners, frameless, perfect cube equals out to 7.48g. If I could I would just make one, but that is like PERFECTION in a box... People one here have made awsome tanks, but I have yet to see one with perfect seems, that is what really turns me off...

Amano's tanks and tank concept are really amazing though. He supports the idea of having a tank that almost completly lacks traces of equipment and such, which I'm guessing is why the lack of silicone and the other accessories on the site. LOL there is also a freshwater shrimp named after him!

takashi amano is a world famous expert/designer of planted tanks. he uses nature as inspiration, and frankly is a freaking geneous. many of his planted tanks put reef tanks to shame, imo. do a google image search for "takashi amano". he even has a personal 1800 gallon planted tank that is just AWESOME. but his equipment is as expensive as hell, lol.

FishFreak, is it wrong to consider tanks smaller than 10g pico? I always considered it that way, personally. Pico-nano, tomatoe-tamatoe

Brian da lion

Yeah, those are cool tanks. I was thinking about getting that one, but I went with the 10g rectangular one instead.

ClarkiiClown

Those are some cool cubes but I wouldnt pay that much for one.

Amano does have some great tanks. Underwater bonsai.

HOW DID THEY GET THE FISH TO DO THIS?????

g55.jpg

That shot too FOREVER

It seems like it would be easier to have a tank filled with plants than a tank filled with corals because the plants won't sting or kill eachother when there touching.

The tanks are expensive beause they come with a 5 year warranty and a bunch of free stuff.

I just have ot belive that so called "free" stuff all adds into the expensive price of those tanks. Sort of like the junk sold on TV late at night, where they double the order plus add all those extra items for just the cost of postage....yea right......nothing in this world except advice on a web forum is free, especially when it comes from a company as such, you pay for it somewhere or other.

Easy for what they charge for the tank they can afford to hire a photographer to set there on a shift schedule 24/7 until just the right pic comes along.....then snap.....the ultimate image...

It seems like it would be easier to have a tank filled with plants than a tank filled with corals because the plants won't sting or kill eachother when there touching.

hahahahaah! not true AT ALL. i've got a 55 planted at work and several reef sale and display tanks. the planted tank takes more effort every day than any reef tank. you have to keep the proper balance of light and nutrients to prevent algae, prune any yellowing/dying leaves or stems, add the right amounts of the right fertilizers, etc. and to get one looking anywhere near an amono tank takes a lot of careful aquascaping and pruning.

with reef tanks, i just top off, add purple up and mag-float the algae, with small weekly water changes. and i don't even need to add the purple up every day, or even every week on some of the tanks.

Those are some cool cubes but I wouldnt pay that much for one.

Amano does have some great tanks. Underwater bonsai.

g55.jpg

That shot too FOREVER

only takes like 500 hours of training.... im not really impressed i trained my tang to do double backflips from one tank to another pretty easily...

Archived