What to feed lionfish...

BckPckr

Can I feed a lionfish feeder guppies or goldfish? The same for my snowflake?

I already have my snowflake eating frozen but I don't think a lionfish would...

Fishfreak218

Ghost Shrimp are better.. goldfish are horrrible.. if you can get your hands on some ghost shrimp, if not guppies.. also if you can set-up a seperate tank (2g. or a 5g. or more) and get ahold of some of these:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...cfm?pCatId=2191

http://seawaterexpress.com/products/viewcat.php?categoryId=1

(same kind of shrimp just differnt vendors)....

P.S. thank you for getting rid of that large picture in ur sig.

Freshwater feeders are a poor choice long term for the health of your fish. Try to use it just to wean them onto frozen, but don't count on it as a permanent food.

Fishfreak218

also.. forgot to say gutload the ghostshrimp with Mysis shrimp and other healthy MARINE foods (krill, silversides etc.)

and feed him something marine every once in a while ... like a Damsel..

frozen krill, chopped clam and oysters from the supermarket, frozen squid, and formula 1 frozen are all good choices. These are what i used to feed my loinfish and eel.

Use ghost shrimp, gut loaded as already stated. Do not use Freshwater feeders for your marine fish.

What type of lion?

You can pick up a feeder stick from your LFS (about 1.50), try to wean the lion with Silversides, Frozen Sand Eels or Frozen Krill. Place this on the feeder stick and wiggle it, do not just place it in front of your lion, you do not want it to shy away. Try to use smaller chunks especially for a dwarf species.

Once the lion has adjusted to frozen foods you can add frozen Octo, Squid, Ocean Perch, Mahi Mahi, Shark steaks, Raw Shrimp, crab and so on. If this lion is young you can feed a small chunk daily, as the lion matures you can feed 2-3 small chunks every 2-3 days. You can feed just until you see a slight bulge in the stomach area.

Soak all of your foods in vitamins & feed a variety of foods, this will become very important to your lions health over time.

I have a 35g hex at school that I want to put an antennata lion in with my snowflake and some shrooms and feather dusters

Archived