live rock

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

hey guys, my LF stores don't have the greatest live rock, so do you guys know where I can buy the best premium LR online? thanks! lowest price too?

This isnt a bash on any of the online vendors, because I often refer my customers to them for stuff/parts I dont have...

Jose - dont buy live rock from online!!! Its like bringing sand to the beach!! or bringing your girlfriend/wife to a strip club. We live in LA, where most likely 70-85% of all livestock from the pacific rim come in.

Jeff's exotic is in Torrance and generally have some the best LR in LA, plus its always better to see stuff in person.

Chris

I'd have to agree. I was like 2 seconds from ordering L/R from aquariumarts.com (the only place I think I'd order L/R from online) but upon more closely checking out the L/R at my LFS, I decided to stay local, and get it the SAME day. Also it's good because the rock is out of water maybe an hour max (unless you put it in a bucket with water) but it seemed the most logical to get it locally. I was optimistic about the rock at first, but it worked out and where I got mine from (in Pasadena) it only took about a week and a half to fully cycle which it just finished doing I believe. So if you can help it, check out more LFS's (if you are in the LA area) as I'm sure you can find some good L/R out there. Good luck!!

Typically, all LFS I have in my area (some that specialize in marine) are no comparrison to price/quality of that you can find online. IMO of course.

picking out your own live rock is the best even if its not "cured"

it took me like 45 minutes just to chose my rock and and when i got home i didnt regret losing that time at all.

I found my LFS by googling fish store <my area>.

reefernanoman
This isnt a bash on any of the online vendors, because I often refer my customers to them for stuff/parts I dont have...

Jose - dont buy live rock from online!!! Its like bringing sand to the beach!! or bringing your girlfriend/wife to a strip club. We live in LA, where most likely 70-85% of all livestock from the pacific rim come in.

Jeff's exotic is in Torrance and generally have some the best LR in LA, plus its always better to see stuff in person.

Chris

yeah you are right chris. I did find some nice pieces at a couple of lfs and went that route. I was not too exited about paying for shipping anyways.

Archived