Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I have stock 24G DX Question.

WarDamnEagle18

WarDamnEagle18

I was wonderin if there is anyway I can replace my stock bulbs and manipulate the effect of of a 20k MH bulb. I basically like the colors the 20k bulb causes the corals to show. The more blue color. If anyone knows a light combo that will fit and manipulate this bulb please let me know. Thanks guys.

If I am correct, there are two lamps. If one of them is a dual actinic, and the other is a 50/50, it may give you a similar effect... not sure though.

Maybe if you modded it so that there were 3 lamps, 2 of them being dual actinics, one being a daylight, it would be closer. Still not sure though.

Jesse

WarDamnEagle18

I dont anything about adding another light. Is there a very detailed and clear easy way to do this posted anywhere? On the other thing you said I was thinking the same thing with the 1 actinic and 1 50/50. Anyone doing this or heard of it working???

I've always thought that the "deepwater" blue effect caused by overdoing Actinics looks kinda unnatural in a nano...

Just my $.02

In my opinion you're going to have a difficult time getting that look with just two bulbs in your hood. The blue of the 50/50 bulbs really do not do much of anything to bring out the colors of your corals. To do that you're looking at adding at swapping at least one of your bulbs to a 36w actinic. If you're going for a blue look you really need to be adding completely blue bulbs to your configuration. The problem is that with such a blue look to your tank, you're really not going to be supplying enough daylight spectrum for your corals to grow. 20k bulbs are notorious for not providing enough of the desirable spectrum for corals to grow properly. I would suggest as possible options, going with your two stock 50/50 bulbs as well as one 36w actinic bulb. This would give you a very similar look to what you have now, BUT the colors of your corals should come out more than they used to. Another possibility would be to add one 36w and one 24w actinic bulb to your setup.

Archived