New Aquapod 12 Setup ?'s

dannyc83

So with my new 12g aquapod on the way, I've decided i'm going to be replacing the stock pump with a more powerful maxi-jet. Is it better to go with the 900 or 1200. Is the 1200 too strong for such a strong tank? I'm planning on keeping mainly lps, shrooms and softies. Maybe a few lps, but unlikely due to their more complex care requirements.

Also after reading through most of these forums people talk about putting the stock pump back in chamber 1. Is this just to increase water flow in the back of the tank, or are people rigging up a mod to send water out on the other side.

And one more quick question, has anyone had any success with the new Nano-Reef supplement from Kent Marine? I've been looking at it and i'm thinking I'm gonna be using that to dose and curious to see what other peoples experience with it has been.

Thanks for everyone's help. I love this site and it's helping me with my intial set-up so much. I had a 29 gallon a few years ago and i've been out of the hobby for a while, but i'm so glad i'm getting back into it.

So with my new 12g aquapod on the way, I've decided i'm going to be replacing the stock pump with a more powerful maxi-jet. Is it better to go with the 900 or 1200. Is the 1200 too strong for such a strong tank? I'm planning on keeping mainly lps, shrooms and softies. Maybe a few lps, but unlikely due to their more complex care requirements.

Also after reading through most of these forums people talk about putting the stock pump back in chamber 1. Is this just to increase water flow in the back of the tank, or are people rigging up a mod to send water out on the other side.

And one more quick question, has anyone had any success with the new Nano-Reef supplement from Kent Marine? I've been looking at it and i'm thinking I'm gonna be using that to dose and curious to see what other peoples experience with it has been.

Thanks for everyone's help. I love this site and it's helping me with my intial set-up so much. I had a 29 gallon a few years ago and i've been out of the hobby for a while, but i'm so glad i'm getting back into it.

I have a 24g and I use the MJ1200. It might be a bit strong for a 12g I am not sure.

You mentioned Kent Marine, as others will tell you, don't add anything through the cycling process.

I my opinion, I only add what is needed and when it is needed.

I got an MJ900 for my AP12g. The thing with the MJ1200 that most say, is that since it runs at a twice as high wattage as the MJ900, the 900 is a better choice that it won't generate nearly as much heat, though the 1200 will still be less heat than the stock pump. My MJ900 runs through a Hydor, and the flow seems fine so far...

Archived