Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Oceanic 30g cube build

SurfsUP

I love this rock! Its got some great shapes to work with but its alittle expensive. I got them all from ebay but the seller has them available on his site and it can be more than ebay sometimes. They range from $35 to over $100 for a piece.

I agree, that's nice rock.

Do you have a link to seller's site?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aquascape looks very, very nice. what i like about it is that it's a little more open that you sometimes see, it has a nice height for the overall tank size, and it appears to have tons of places on which to mount corals. i think this is going to do very nicely for you, assuming you get the lighting questions resolved to your satisfaction.

SurfsUP said:

Here is a pic of the Hydor-flow hooked up to my adjustable nozzle on the bulkhead. It was a perfect fit without any modifications at all.

large.gallery_20468_3_1356252257_23370.j

The white clips are for holding live rock against the walls on the overflow. Its just regular clips to hold wires against walls and I just remove the double sided tape on them and used silicone instead. I tried to find black one but no one here carries them.

like me, glad to see you cut that horrible plastic part off the back.

Here is a most recent updated pic of my new rockwork. The new final piece was too big to fit at the top so I had to redo the whole rockwork again. The new piece is sitting midway on the left, its the very wide piece.

BTW, I got a new Catalina HQI 10k 70w bulb for temporary until I get a replacement from JBJ, if ever. The bulb is alittle more yellow but as it gets more burn in time, its turning brighter and more white.

large.gallery_20468_3_1356252261_23739.j

• 1 month later...

Just a update on my tank so far. I got a lot of corals in it so far and have a few more pieces coming this week. The top A. yongei bleached it itself out during shipping and the A. cerealis also bleached itself half way during shipping and within a few days bleached itself completely. I also switch the bulb out for a Current USA 14k cause the JBJ 14k always looked dim to me.

large.gallery_20468_2_1356252266_24510.j

Here is the sump from Doss at acrylicsumps. I am currently trying to decide on the lighting on the fuge. Anyone have suggestions?

large.gallery_20468_7_1356252267_24539.j

Just another update. New Tek T5 lights 4-24w and a few new corals: miliporas, monti, clams and a rose bubble tip anemone. Wow these lights are bright.

large.gallery_20468_3_1356252267_24611.j

large.gallery_20468_3_1356252267_24612.j

Jeez, I am just getting into this, looking around the site and seeing what is good, etc....but that tank is freakin beautiful!

Would you custom build me a 20g...lol..........please?

That tank has certainly come a long way..and in such a short time! I wish I had the money to stock my tank with more corals. I guess it's a good thing..I won't ever have to worry about screwing up something by stocking too quickly. As for lighting, I'm using the oceanic fluorescent that came with the cube for now.. so i'm looking for a sump light as well. My tank's in my sig if you wanna check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

very nice cube....i just picked a 33g cube up. So as of right now your using a 70w MH and some t-5's for lighting and everything is doing fine?..Thanks

Do you have a better picture with the room lights on of how the new light fixture looks on the tank? I'm thinking about replacing my Viper with a 24" T5 hood but I'm concerned about how the overhang of the fixture will look.

DragonFish said:
Do you have a better picture with the room lights on of how the new light fixture looks on the tank? I'm thinking about replacing my Viper with a 24" T5 hood but I'm concerned about how the overhang of the fixture will look.

I tried taking a pic from above but the lights are so bright it made the pics really dark. I will tried it again with the lights off next time during the day. Here is a recent pic I took of the tank from below and up.

large.gallery_20468_3_1356252267_24613.j

Hope this helps. Also I added a few more corals. My favorite is a green center clove with orange on the end of the tentacles. I've never seen them before and just had to have it. I already got some really cool bright green cloves but these green/orange ones were so cool looking.

I just love this tank - I bought one at the petco sale and will one day get it going. In the meanwhile I will continue to follow your progress. Keep up the great work!

What're the specs on your T5 lighting? I'm trying to plan out my tank and lighting is the area I am having probs with. I like the look of what you have on your tank.

And lastly can you please explain how your sump is setup?

Thanks

YR

• 1 year later...
frozensurfer

Hey how big are the holes you drilled? I'm drilling an Oceanic 37 and need some ideas. I am thinking about going with a 1.5" drains and 3/4" returns.

Archived