inTank Media Baskets

caulerpa

coralgirl365

coralgirl365

So a couple days ago I had some feather caulerpa shipped to me. I put it in my tank (not much, about 5 feathers) but since i put it in all that has really happened is that most has melted away. there are still several green runners and one lonely feather.

I hear so much about caulerpa being so fast growing and hard to get rid of and all - can I expect my feather to grow back from these remaining green runners, and if so, how quickly? does it usually melt like that after being shipped?

So a couple days ago I had some feather caulerpa shipped to me. I put it in my tank (not much, about 5 feathers) but since i put it in all that has really happened is that most has melted away. there are still several green runners and one lonely feather.

I hear so much about caulerpa being so fast growing and hard to get rid of and all - can I expect my feather to grow back from these remaining green runners, and if so, how quickly? does it usually melt like that after being shipped?

I pull every last shred I can find of the caulerpa every other week when I am cleaning the tank and it continues to thrive...I think it should come back. I got mine as a hitchhiker...I didn't even know you could pay for it....

the health of any caulerpa species depends heavily on how/if the rhizome was damaged/not damaged. if someone just grabbed a handful of caulerpa and damaged the leading rhizome, the caulerpa tends to not do so hot-- which, i think, might be a problem with your piece. if i were to order caulerpa from anywhere, i would ask for my seedling to be attached to a piece of live rock. if this piece dies, try the live rock method next time.

Archived