Top Shelf Aquatics

2 months ago,same polyps.

shiverband

NICE! are those Yellow Polyps? i just bought some yesterday i hope mine look that good in a few months!

what lightind do you have?

Those things grow like mad, especially if you feed em. I have some in my tank and I'm surprised at how readily they eat considering their size. They spread across the rock they came on in a matter of weeks.

-Chris

Wayne Welsh

Mine have always looked like pic 1.

Any theories why yours are extending so far.

Mine looked way better in the LFS, but haven't really extended since they've been in my tank. Everything else is doing great, other than a colt coral.

What can we feed these kinds of polyps? I'm personally wary of using all those liquid feeds as I think they can foul the water easily especially in such small volumes. What should we use?

shiverband

well i am probably not doing everything right but

i havent really messed with any additives,i just do

a weekly water change of about 3 gallons(its a 11 gal tank).

..this isnt fish related but if any of you would like a copy

of my bands new cd coming out,stop by the site and sign the

guestbook.

later  chuck....

cford@tconl.com

reef hugger

i never really did like yellow polyps before but, those have definitly changed my mine. those are really cool. :)

you said your using pc's but, what is the wattage?

I feed mine a mixture of raw seafood that I make myself. They should like any kind of meaty food, though. They may like flake and pellet food too, but I've never tried it. They're not like other polyps that need to be coaxed into taking food. They'll grab it as soon as it touches one of their tentacles. I was very surprised the first time I fed these guys. They are always hungry.

Wayne, I would try feeding yours. I did it every day for a while. Now when the polyps are fully extended, they completely cover the rock so you can't even tell what they're growing on.

-Chris

Archived