Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

CALCIUM SPICULES REMOVAL

Dave ESPI

I grabbed a piece of liverock and a nasty lill pink bristle worm stuck me good. I removed the spines I could with tweezers, but I have some embedded in my skin. I tried soaking my hand in Vinegar ( to attempt to disolve the calcium) (the PH drop thingie)..... needless to say it didnt work. help! any ideas?

ouch!  makes me thing again about putting on gloves before sticking my hands in the aquarium...

(Edited by flaunt at 5:42 pm on May 17, 2002)

If any of the spines are sticking out smear some white glue over the area, let dry, rip off. If that doesn't work (or even if it does) have your gf kiss it allllllll better.

My Alife 7

I saw a bristleworm in my tank a while back yet, I still stick my hand in my tank without caution. I now change my mind.

i feel your pain. ive doen this many times since at work i have to stock the lr tank and get lr for people. it has happened often. the only thing that worked for me was vinegar. other than that  just had to wait for the rest of the pain to go away on it own.

Epson salts in a warm solution. Use a antibacterial salve like neosporin.

you sure he was pink not orange and black?

HTH,

Toy

The orange and black ones are known as Fire worms due to the burning sensation from thier toxins. The pink ones I'm not even sure they carry a toxin or if its just bristle pain.

Dunno for sure,

Toy

thanks  fer the answers. I tried duct tape too....LOL

Eventualy I just drank lots of beer and  beat mah hand with a meat tenderizor hammer and  some vinegar........ add some papprika, salt  1/2 clove of garlic pound repetedly.....   oh wait, maybe that was dinner..LMAO

:smash:

It was a pink worm it was like 6 inches long and 1 inch across it was HUGE Im surprised It was out in the open lastnight, I have him in a 2.5 gal nano now...lol he eats dead meat...... left over from dinner......lol

:cheeburga:

Archived