ReefCleaners.org

how 'bout this combo for my 20l?

noob1

clifford513

I agree with Travis. Scooters eat pod and a lot of them. Would require supplemental feeding which can be expensive.

copy that,

I've got a pretty healthy pod population but wanted some feedback.

How about the other two?

thanks

I've got a pretty healthy pod population but wanted some feedback.

even if you have a healthy pod population right now, do you have the means toquickly replenish that population after the scooter cleans you out (i.e. a fuge)?

I'm running slick right now, ie: no 'fuge.

Rest assured, I won't go with the scooter if I can't keep it fed. I'm one of those freaks who stays up at night wondering if his dogs, cats, fish, corals are happy.....

clifford513

Do a quick search on the other two. I don't have any experience with either. I found this Rainfords that way and there were several others. It's great to ask for opinions but you should really research before buying anything.

Rest assured, I won't go with the scooter if I can't keep it fed. I'm one of those freaks who stays up at night wondering if his dogs, cats, fish, corals are happy.....

lol, i do the same thing. good to hear!

thanks for the input, everyone.

Cliff: part of research is soliciting input from those without a commercial interest, such as yourself. Thanks again for your input.

I'm the same guy as reefer9391

No rainfords either there pretty but again they eat things that are in algea and mainly hair algea which any pround nano owner doesnt have enough of to keep him alive. The people that come into the shop (I'm an LFS worker) most of them end up dieing with just a pellets diet. Now in larger tanks from 90+ they have been ok but people around here dont have enough algea for them to eat naturally.

There seems to be conflicting opinions on rainford's diet, some say algae, others like yourself, say critters on the algae.

Looks like two strikes. Oh well, that's why I asked ; )

clifford513
Cliff: part of research is soliciting input from those without a commercial interest, such as yourself. Thanks again for your input.

I didn't intend for that to come off as rude. I just meant that you should read up, and not just commercial sites, on any livestock before you buy. It is definately a good idea to solicit input. :)

If it's any consolation, I can give a hearty thumbs up to the tailspot. I've got one in my 10, and it's a great little fish. He eats algae, which is a bonus, but mainly, he's just so darn cute.

Settle on his potential tankmates before you decide (I wouldn't put him with anything too aggressive), but they're definitely a nice choice.

Cliff,

No sweat, thanks again.

Fishwife,

That is a consolation, and from what I've read, the tailspot should be a good centerpiece fish on which to build on.

Thanks!

Archived