Innovative Marine Aquariums

who do i contact?

egdevilboy

egdevilboy

Does anyone have an adminstrative contact in reguards to reporting a bad seller.

In a recent transaction i lost $130 (not to mention the $50 i lost late 2005) to a Nanoreef.com member. She is mainly active on the Classified forums and i dont believe im the first one to have troubles with this seller.

If anyone can help me out with getting in touch with the right person to discuss this issue please lemme know.

Thanks,

Robb

Newby-Reefer

No idea but what are they gunna do boot the member? You still wont get your money back. Sorry to be harsh I think you did the best you could by posting about her but I would leave it at that.

egdevilboy

Luckily through a little detective work i figured out where the package was.

The address and phone # of the assesing/shipping UPS location and Candices cellphone number.

I really didnt want to leave negative feedback but this ordeal has taken up $130 of my money and 6 months of my life.

Im just hoping if worse comes to worse i can get the broken tank back and either part it out or use it to setup a new setup.

any other feedback is greatly appreciated.

(un)fortunately, you don't have any beef with the forum. it did nothing but provide a medium for the transaction to take place. they are not liable for a sale gone wrong. buy/sell at your own risk!

egdevilboy

i understand that, but i think if an adminstrator was the contact the member is might show a sense of ergency.

Believe me, after this ordeal, if its not posted on ebay, im not buyin it.

Newby-Reefer

Ebay has its good and bad sellers. I have bought lots of good stuff from people off a forum before and never had a problem. Its just like buying a car sometime you just get a lemon.

Like andykee said the board was just the medium for the transaction to take place and has nothing to do with the mods or administartors. I would try to talk to her and see whats going on.

Newby-Reefer

I cant rember what board it was frome but it had a place hwere you could place feed back about selling or buying from another memeber and rating it. Kinda like Ebay. This is just an idea of what the board could try.

I seen that but what I was talking about showed up right under the users name.

oooh, yeah, i'd though that that may be a good idea, but it involves nano-reef taking more of a role in selling, because they would have to validate sales before someone could leave feedback.

Newby-Reefer

True but if somone could voulenteer for that. SOmone thats on everyday or every other day it wouldnt be too bad.

Not that this will help a whole lot but maybe.........

Why don't you post her screen name, so we don't mess with her (or maybe we should).

She can always go get a new one but, it might help....

use paypal. if they dont ship, you can get your money back by filing a complaint.

you have to cover your own ass before you can blame other people. buy tracking numbers and delivery confirmation when you buy. that way YOU know what's going on.

I recently had a guy on ebay buy some live plants from me. he failed to recieve the box, and the post office forwarded his box to another state. 3 weeks later i get the box back with writing all over it and the guy filed a claim. Through communication, I was able to coerce him into compromise considering he failed to accept the box.

Contact her in any way possible. You never know, maybe life got in the way. Don't be too rude, she may have had a personal emergency, you never know.

and yes, buyer beware. :) any poster with a few posts and or no posts helping others in the forums is iffy. IMO people need to 'earn' the right to sell on the forum. I dont like to buy from people unless they have contributed to the hobby through helping others or being active on the boards. I'd suggest the same to anyone.

GL

Looks like you have had your share of complaints made towards you

it actually looks like an isolated event that was propperly resolved

your beef should be with the shipper (UPS) not the seller. if it was properly packaged the seller did there job. remember you purchased a nanocube (that should speak for itself). file a claim with UPS and they will deal with you as you are the receipiant of the package. be very carefull about leaving a negative feedback towards sellers, beit here or ebay. it can end up making the purchaser look like the badguy (so to speak).

egdevilboy

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Izzue expecially for his assistance. Its appreciated and i am doing all i can to stay in contact with the UPS store (with the tank) and candace (not to friendly judging by her last PM).

Nuhtty,

Yea that was an isolated event that ended up in me being electricuted by the system for sale and i didnt wanna sell it to the buyer so i gave him a refund. Had a few life events that delayed communcation. But that was 2 weeks tops, not 6 months.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...threadid=776222

My Ebay Feedback (Robbster85)

Thanks again everyone,

Robb

PSS: Im a business major so im a huge stickler for bad business.

dga,

If interested in reading the sellers last PM (few days ago) you would be worried about the seller; being that she recieves the refund check from UPS. Hopefully i can change that by talking to the UPS store that currently has the tank (and supposidely has for 4 months). I gotta call back tomorrow.

dga,

If interested in reading the sellers last PM (few days ago) you would be worried about the seller; being that she recieves the refund check from UPS. Hopefully i can change that by talking to the UPS store that currently has the tank (and supposidely has for 4 months). I gotta call back tomorrow.

i wonder why she would receive the money from ups. if you were the intended receipiant of the merchandise should'nt you be holding the check?

Archived