Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

DIY Custom 1.4 oven formed pico

Socalsuperhero

mybuickskill6979

they say it you end up bend acrylic sheets its best to do a process similar to this with the finished product to help with stress in the materials. except you heat it up to like 300 and slowly bring it back down. or you can just do like this guy did haha so much better!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wonder if you could just use a heat plate, like one of those trays your grandma used during thanksgiving to keep the food warm. i wonder if you could use this instead of using an oven?

mybuickskill6979

nah bro that only gets to like 100 or so degrees. where talking 300 degrees. plus if you could you would only be heating one side. in an oven the heat is everywhere

Hold my beer, watch this!

they started putting audio recorders in cars in minnesota,

that exact phrase is heard just before virtualy EVERY car accident in minnesota,

mybuickskill6979

lol. that phrase is so universal. my uncle says that right before he puts a whoopin on me in the game of pool.

a friend of mine said that once right before a bar fight.

i said that right before i walked up to a chick in an attempt to get slapped lol. yo don't laugh i got 50 bucks for it lol.

Socalsuperhero
You should start the tank up again its really cool.. You could probaly sell it..

I've actually thought about making a bigger one, somewhere around 2-2.5 gallons. I'll keep you guys posted when I get something done with that one.

• 2 weeks later...
Socalsuperhero
i'm thinking of making my own tank, and i came across an article that said not to use an oven to form acrylic because it can become explosive?

when heating acrylic it can create explosive vapors

• 4 months later...
avalanche1201

did you set back up?

its a sweet tank...maybe if you try it again you could attemp to make an entire cylinder...thatd be kinda cool...i was thinking bout haven one of those the other day

Archived