ReefCleaners.org

Low light softies

BckPckr

A few months ago, when I first set up my tank, I recieved a hitchhiking purple shroom--it survived the tank cycling and has been flourishing since its discovery at the top of my 35g hex, under stock 20w flourescents. It has defied all of my expectations and has quintupled in size, would I be safe to say I could add more shrooms (only 2-3) and a GSP or should I not add the GSP.

This was originally going to be fish and inverts w LR but we are upgrading to a 90 and I want to add some shrooms and a GSP (if possible) and a feather duster in the 35. I also want to put a radiata lion and snowflake eel or spotted hawkfish in the 35, would the corals and worm be ok with those fish?

darkwaterdevil

i wouldnt add the gsp it needs higher light and i dont sww why you couldnt add another shrrom but i would look into upgradeing the light

i would look into upgradeing the light

I really want to, but its the schools tank and I dont really want to put to much money into it, as i am trying to start my own. Our budget right now is $300 and that is going to a CSS and a good PH for our new 90g.

Any thoughts on the compatiblity with the bully fish and corals/ tube worms?

darkwaterdevil

never heard of that lion but not many can be in a small tank the only one i can think of is the dwarf fuzzy but i had my snowflake eel with my corals and no prob he never even bothered my inverts but a lot of them will

Fishfreak218

the Radiata will outgrow the tank...

anyway i say go for it! If the shroom looks like its doing good get the cheapest frag of GSP you can get and get some nice shrooms...then see what happens.. worst comes to worst its a few $$$ lost and some coral..

i noticed that the lion will get a little big so i think im going to get an antennata lion instead, marine depot live says they only reach 7in

darkwaterdevil

i wouldnt do the gsp they need higher light and its live you cant just put it in to see if it will live

Archived