Innovative Marine Aquariums

bubble tip anenome!

ltzryder21

RayWhisperer

Heres my RBTA. It blasted the Favia before, so only 1/3 of it is left. :angry: Oh well, at least the nem is happy. :P

post-16231-1148137473_thumb.jpg

RayWhisperer

Thanks, The other clown is camera shy. I've never been able to get a pic with it in focus.

How big is your maroon? They've always been my fav, I just don't have a tank set up that's big enough.

ltzryder21
That's a nice bta. Looks just like mine. I have had mine for a few months now. Easiest anemone, ime. I feed mine 1/4" pieces of silversides at least once every week. I think your lighting is ok. I have 175w 14k mh, but my bta has moved to the very bottom of a 33g cube. It is normal for anemones to shrink occassionally to expell wastes. Everyone who has posted has offered some valid info, some just don't come off as nice. Par for course, don't take it personally. Do you have a clownfish?

My anenome has been on the bottom ever since he first moved! Seems to be doing just fine! Yes I have an Ocellaris clown but he hasn't gone near the anenome yet! Hoping some day he will. I think my lighting is fine too. I got 130w in a 29g tank!

clifford513
My anenome has been on the bottom ever since he first moved! Seems to be doing just fine! Yes I have an Ocellaris clown but he hasn't gone near the anenome yet! Hoping some day he will. I think my lighting is fine too. I got 130w in a 29g tank!

My maroon clown ignored my bta for 6 days and then all of a sudden she was all over the anem. Rarely leaves the anem these days :D

My GBTA moved to the bottom at the back recently and has stayed there. My 2 Ocellaris clowns hosted it the first day. Then the female got really territorial and never let the male in it anymore. And after that I couldn't put my hand in the tank without getting attacked. That p*ssed me off so bad and annoyed me that I took the LR out, got both clownfish out, and then put the LR back in.

clifford513

I just transferred everything from a 30g long to a 33g cube. The anemone moved to the back, on the glass. I moved him back to the rock in the original spot I wanted him and he moved again, down to the corner and right between the rock and sand. He is in the front so it's ok.

clifford513
Thanks, The other clown is camera shy. I've never been able to get a pic with it in focus.

How big is your maroon? They've always been my fav, I just don't have a tank set up that's big enough.

She is 2 1/4" now and about 6 months old. I would like to get another and have a pair but I think I might need to wait awhile. She is here in the bta

seahorsejl

I have been feeding my green BTA mysid shrimp every few days. My gold stripe maroon clown fish started hosting in the anemone the day after they were both put in.

And this weekend.... my BTA split in two! Both are doing well, and both took mysid yesterday. It is funny, because the clownfish bounces bteween both of them now. He seems to be taking care of both. As of last night, both were on the move in the tank again.

First image is pre-split. Second image is post split. Third image is clown hosting in the second anemone.

post-19498-1148309895_thumb.jpg post-19498-1148309902_thumb.jpg post-19498-1148309911_thumb.jpg

sea man dan

Those are some really bleached out BTA's . Were they like that when you bought them? I would recommend feeding them meaty foods like , some shirmp , squid and some sliversides just to see if you can get some coloration in him.

seahorsejl
Those are some really bleached out BTA's . Were they like that when you bought them? I would recommend feeding them meaty foods like , some shirmp , squid and some sliversides just to see if you can get some coloration in him.

I think a lot of the bleaching you are seeing is from the camera flash. I am still playing around with taking decent tank shots (just got a tripod yesterday which helps tremendously).

But the anemone has colored up a lot more since I have gotten it.

ltzryder21

I've been feeding it Gamma and he has been doing fine! I feed him about eraser size piece every few days or so! My clown has still not gone in it yet! Still waiting!

• 2 weeks later...
sea man dan

I would feed everything meaty , except for brine , dont feed anything brine , not even your fish. Because brine shrimp is like cotton candy to fish and inverts , it fills them up on nothing , nothing with nutrients , so dont feed brine , i like feeding my anemones silver sides , thats the chosen from most people today!

Archived