Innovative Marine Aquariums

Question regarding Powerhead

bubblepuffer

bubblepuffer

Hi.. I got a tank 20"x12"15 which is around 16g. Which Marineland MaxiJet should I use. I tried the spare Maxijet 1200 and it just created a turbulent in there. I just want something I can use to clearn the surface of the water. Should I go for the Maxijet 400, 600 or 900, something that I can use to clear the whole surface area of the tank.

Meercat_Maric

I'm not too familiar with the maxi-jets, but for surface skimming try an aquaclear with the surface skimmer attachement. Iv'e been running a AC500 converted to a fuge for over two years now and it does wonders. Mind you they do nothing for water movement so if thats what your seeking then best to stick with a powerhead of some sort.

I changed the stock pump in my 12dx nanocube to a maxijet 900, and added the duckbill, along with nanobobs skimmer and it got rid of all the film. A skimmer would be good to use along with a new powerjet, though I couldnt add one to mine.

bubblepuffer

It's a bowl front tank.. I already got AquaC Remora hanging at the back of the tank. I got the Surface Skimmer for the Remora and didn't install it because it's huge box that will take out lot of space inside the tank. I planning to put a powerhead on the upper right corner of the tank and blow across the tank surface.. kind of creating a wave on the surface..

Here is my blue print for it..

tank.jpg

Archived