Coral Vue Hydros

Purchasing tank tonight

wwildcats04

wwildcats04

Tonight, I am finally going to purchase my new tank, a 40 breeder. I am drilling it tonight as well and am using a 1.5" bulkhead and I have a strainer on it as well. I think I am going to have the bulkhead about two inches below the rim of the tank and I think I want the over flow box to just basically make a little box around the bulkhead/strainer (about a 5X5 box). How do I go about making the box (I plan on using black acrylic), what do I use as an adhesive and how do I clamp it so that the adhesive may dry. How do I cut the little teeth into the overflow box? thanks in advance

You would have to use a "Weld-On" type cement to bond the acrylic with and the easiest way to make the teeth is with a router but there are some here that have done it with a drill and a jigsaw and it turned out good too. And no you cant buy the Weld-On and the local hardware store either, most likely you would have to order it.

wwildcats04

thank you, I have access to all of that stuff so im good to go, there is a plastic supplier right by campus here so only like a 5 min drive for me...

Archived