Cultivated Reef

cycling 10 days

maaron

Below is my pic of my 10 day old cycling nano dx 12 gallon, i just added the one peice of LR today.

is all that algae normal?

Photo_051306_005.jpg

durring cycle yes and if the live rock was uncured you will lengthen (sp*) the cycle

ok thanks guys,

is there anything i should do i assume cyano is normal.

ok thanks guys,

is there anything i should do i assume cyano is normal.

Everybody gets this at some time or another....

You should check out SH's Thread talking about his out break...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...topic=59205&hl=

Usually you can get it back under control in about 2 weeks...

Your tank is still cycling, so you might have alot of die off from the LR....

I wouldn't use the chem's unless it gets out of hand..

Everybody gets this at some time or another....

You should check out SH's Thread talking about his out break...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...topic=59205&hl=

Usually you can get it back under control in about 2 weeks...

Your tank is still cycling, so you might have alot of die off from the LR....

I wouldn't use the chem's unless it gets out of hand..

thanks dude, i wil just wait to see what happens. the problems is initially used tap water, so i guess thats why i have a problem now. im changing out the stock pump today for a maxi jet 1000 and going to an ebo jager heater.

thanks dude, i wil just wait to see what happens. the problems is initially used tap water, so i guess thats why i have a problem now. im changing out the stock pump today for a maxi jet 1000 and going to an ebo jager heater.

Did you use any solution to get ride of the chlorine??

I remember my first aquarium (60G Uni) I used the tap water at first and later I did larger water changes hoping to get ride of all the tap later on when I found out how bad it was....Now b-4 I set up any aquarium I get a couple of new trashcans from Lowe's and start stocking up on water way ahead of time....You should be fine if you did use the solution though.....

How many lbs of LR is in there?....looks like you might need a lil bit more...but looks like a nice start...what are your plans for stocking?

Did you use any solution to get ride of the chlorine??

I remember my first aquarium (60G Uni) I used the tap water at first and later I did larger water changes hoping to get ride of all the tap later on when I found out how bad it was....Now b-4 I set up any aquarium I get a couple of new trashcans from Lowe's and start stocking up on water way ahead of time....You should be fine if you did use the solution though.....

How many lbs of LR is in there?....looks like you might need a lil bit more...but looks like a nice start...what are your plans for stocking?

Thanks dude, I used water conditioner. i ecently brought 5 gallons of catalina water for which im going to use for the first water change. i have also started stocking RO water.

Today i replaced the maxi jet 400 with a 1000 really making the water move now. I also installed an ebo jager heater today to.

In the first chamber is have live rubble, the carbon (which im going to trash after cycling) and temp probe the second chamber has 3 pounds of live rubble. im going to add chaeto once cycling is done. In the last chamber i have the heater and maxijet. I may add purigen or chemi pure to that chamber after cycling.

The tank has about 15 pounds of fiji and 1/2 pound tonga.

i dont have any plans for livestock as of yet, probably just do a couple of clowns and maybe a royal grama. As for the cleaning crew i just wanted some hermits a shrimp and maybe some snails.

Thanks for all the help i just dont wanna blow this, especially with the money and time invested.

Archived