20H Questions

Klaunphish

Klaunphish

I have finally decided on what size tank i would like. I would like a 20H with 150w, maybe 300w. So i was wondering if a flame angel would be possible in this tank? But no other fish, maybe corals if it's ok with the flame.

That's a pretty broad question really. Flame angels (or most pygmy's) are a risk. Some will pick endlessly and some never will. IMHO, if you want one try one but don't be surprised or upset if he likes to nibble. I do think a 20 is too small however for a flame angel.

Cameron

Klaunphish

But are there other types of dwarf angels that will not only do well in a 20, but not bother the corals?I

Not really, nipping at corals is kind of an individual trait. Some do, some don't. My cherub pecks occasionally. He doesn't bother my open brain or my zoos, but I've had to move acans and other pieces to different tanks because they seemed to resent it.

Flames are nice fish and relatively hardy, but they get too big for a 20H, IMO - not enough horizontal swim room. In fact, I think a 20 long is pushing it for most dwarves, even the pygmies. They're active little fish.

Archived