Pod Your Reef

How does this cuc sound?

matt81390

I have a 12 gallon nano and Iam trying to piece my cuc together. Any comments/suggestions on how this sounds?

3 Nassarius Snails

3 Cerith Snails

2 Bumble Bee Snails

1 Astrea snail

1 Emerald Crab

2 Hermit Crabs

1 Cleaner shrimp

Matt

Carlo Gambino

I would drop the bumble bee, I have heard a lot of bad things about them. I think they can attack and eat your other snails.

If it were me, id put this (based on past expieriences with my 24G nano, and 62G)

10 nas

10 cerith

4 margarita

1 mexican turbo

5 bumblebee(i never had any problems with these)

and 3-5 Scarlet reef hermits(only ones ill use, i havent had any luck with the blues or reds)

Id also leave out the emerald. you can add him later if need be.

Astreas, i dont like cuz, you have to manually upright them.

good luck, Mike

So far, I've found that blue-legged and scarlet hermits are over rated. They don't really do much. Snails are better.

I like my astreas. They eat hair algae and I've never had to upright them unless I personally ripped them off the rock or glass and dropped them. I've never seen one fall on its own.

supersecretshinto
So far, I've found that blue-legged and scarlet hermits are over rated. They don't really do much. Snails are better.

I like my astreas. They eat hair algae and I've never had to upright them unless I personally ripped them off the rock or glass and dropped them. I've never seen one fall on its own.

My hermit crabs earn thier keep pretty well, I think.

I totally agree about the Astreas, though. I had one about the size of a marble stuck to the glass with a Turbo the size of a golf ball clinging to it's shell. You could tell the Astrea didn't like it but he never fell down. I've never had to rescue one.

Archived