Pod Your Reef

Frogspawn in a 25gal?

nanomilk

Frogspawn in a 25 gallon tank?

Should I pass on it or not?

Tank is primarily softies. Shrooms, zoos, fungia, and planning on a few acans / blastos.

Thats my dillema... to the left there is a 2inch wide "gorge" so I dont think it would be able to grow across that space. However im worried about the sweeper tentacles. Abd also if it grow towards the right... will it wipe out anything I have there?

Charlie97L
Thats my dillema... to the left there is a 2inch wide "gorge" so I dont think it would be able to grow across that space. However im worried about the sweeper tentacles. Abd also if it grow towards the right... will it wipe out anything I have there?

i'd give it like a 4-6" wide sphere of influence (4-6" all around it, not total, so really 8-12" of space) if you have a small one. also, they can really expand whne the flow is good. mine about quadruples in size from the night to the day. if your lucky you'll get one that behaves. mine has stung me a few times.

That worries me. I wont invest into a frogspawn if I will have troubles with it. However I would really like to find a nice coral which I could try to entice my future clowns to host in.

Cuba Libre

I keep my frogspawn in a 12 gal cube, but the way that I aquascaped it's got a good 4-5 inches of space from my other corals, btw its been in my tank for about 5 months and so far my clown has completely ignored it :(

I keep my frogspawn in a 12 gal cube, but the way that I aquascaped it's got a good 4-5 inches of space from my other corals, btw its been in my tank for about 5 months and so far my clown has completely ignored it :(

Have you tried the trick of putting a plastic clown with the frogspawn?

Charlie97L
Have you tried the trick of putting a plastic clown with the frogspawn?

what kind of clown is it? some of the species are more prone to host than others.

there's differing opinions for clowns hosting in coral. many times it can irritate the coral, unless you're dealing with a very large colony. i know my clarkii wiped out a patch of my gsp by hosting in it.

Ive had my frogspawn next to (1") 3 blasto wellsi's and mushrooms, and rics, without any problems whatsoever, and ive had it for almost 2 years.

-mike

I have a frogspawn in a 12g. No problems so far. I'm going to use it as an excuse to get a bigger tank when it outgrows the 12.

Archived