ReefCleaners.org

new frags

JGoslee

I traded in a starfish that hitchhiked on one of my rocks to the lfs and they gave me 2 xenia frags and a toadstool frag.They are really small but they were free.I just stuck all three on the sand bed till they get used to the tank.I don't know anything about toadstools what are there requirements?

Is commen xenia blue?One of the frags is blue.The other looks like my pulsing xenia but it is not pulsing.

I'd like to see some blue Xenia too.  

Toadstools are really easy to care for.  They need medium to high light and medium current.  After you put it in your tank it will probably shed off a layer of skin, and that's healthy.  It does that to keep algae off and remove anything else that might be bothering it.  Eventually it will extend its polyps and I think it looks really cool.  My first toadstool took a week before they extended.  Of course your may not wait at all.  I just put one in my tank this week and it had extended its polyps already the next morning.  It sounds like you got a good deal form your LFS.

blue xenia is sooo rare. i would love to have it. i have never actully seen it for sale. where do you live? it is in the corals book by julian sprung. it is bad. i want it

I am located at Camp Lejuene,N.C.The xenia is more purple than blue.It just fully opened up.It looks cool.

accualy I think blue xenia is non existant. what your refering to is a Cespitularia. its simiular to xenia but its not xenia.

Corals: A Quick Referance Guid by sprung chapter 2, page 183

yeah mr spam thats what it is....well it is described to be very near xenia so im sure you can see my mistake. i should have read more carefully.....but anyway i still have never seen anything like it

Archived