Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano Chillers...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I'm in :D . I live in Phoenix, AZ and we r hitting 100 and will be at 115 within the month. Costs to much to keep air conditioning down to 80 . B) Please keep me advised.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds VERY cool, and what an excellent market to bank on, at our benefit, no less. It's about time!

Fanof49ASU
When talking about prices, JBJ assured me that they are very affordable, that tells me that they will not be a ridiculous $400 dollars for a small chiller....

He told me that I'll be happy to see the price... Lets wait and see....

MG

That's encouraging!!!

I hope it's more in the $200 range.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Wow,

This thread is getting some momentum... I want to make sure JBJ gets this list so they don't drop the ball...

Who else needs one? Today my cube got 84.5 degrees without any lights....

Sort of reminds me of my old cubes back in the days....

MG

i want one...

but i want it free.

(wth. jbj owes me)

:happy:

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Wow,

JBJ needs to look at all the entrys.... You guys make the difference.... Lets keep it going....

MG

i am in for the smaller one. You can even give them my phone number i will prepay to get on a list.

chris

479-409-5084

I'm interested in the smaller unit, hope it can pull down a 24nc 30 degrees with a flow less than 200gph. Hope I can wait that long.......

Sign me up for the bigger one! I bought a 300$ portable air conditioner b/c my 250 watt MH heats my room up so much, and its only like 70-80 degrees outside... So I got my ambient temp down but my 30 gallon still runs high around 82-83 :( clip fan is working for now but evap is insane, Im gunna need a chiller soon. HURRY UP JBJ WE CANT WAIT ANY LONGER !! omgomgomg

i was going to get the iceprobe but herd that it didnt work very well. im runing a 20-gal eclipse 2 with 3 32-w PC's. i dont run the filter so i freez 20-oz water bottles thay fit where the filter would go. but its still to much BS. has long has thay are not to mutch $.count me in

Someon ought to call and find out if there will be an earlier release date for this chiller. Has anyone had specs for this yet?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Okay reefers,

I got off the phone with JBJ today and here is the update... They will have the pictures of the two nano chillers in about 2 weeks... Yes pictures of the features and how big they will be... This will be featured on their website...

We are talking small design with a compressor inside; both should be the same size just one has a larger compressor than the other...

I'm feeling the heat from summer so I told JBJ, they need to look at this site and see all the users that want one...

Lets keep this thread bumping....

Thanks,

Mike Guerrero

Mike,

I heard a while ago from a friend who works with JBJ (he tests all their new equipment during production to find problems), he said that while in production they were trying to do a in-line system for the Nano-Cubes so that you wouldn't have to run a separate pump for the chiller, it would be in-line with the return pump (sounds great, but bad for flow)...I'm not sure if they scratched this idea or not but the kit was going to be setup for this type of system...not to say you couldn’t run this chiller many different ways....just thought I would share this lil bit of info...

ps..I haven't talked with him lately in regards to these new chillers, but I know he does have some inside info and I will see what I can find out..He got me their new Viper lights about 1-2 weeks before they even came out.

In a hot house like mine my chiller was the best investment for my tank, whatever the cost for a good chiller? It's better than the cost of a cooked tank.

Archived