Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

This is cool

p.o.t.u.s

travisurfer

$350 for an exterior no heat powerhead that can be wirelessly controlled by a wavemaker is great.....not!!!way too much, i think it pumps a lot but i dont think it will necessarilly be a good choice for a nano even though the flow can be adjusted.

I saw a demo by the designer. Interesting device. Does have a few problems though.

One Eyed Bunny

Yeah, there is a thread already about this propeller and a demonstration video that is actually pretty amazing. Of course, it'll have its kinks and it isn't worth it considering the price, but I can see this possibly shuffling in a new era of water propellers.

Reefer Addict
$350 for an exterior no heat powerhead that can be wirelessly controlled by a wavemaker is great.....not!!!way too much, i think it pumps a lot but i dont think it will necessarilly be a good choice for a nano even though the flow can be adjusted.

LOL... First of all these pumps are not designed (up to 3,000 gals/hour) to be used in a nano. You'd be nuts to install one in a nano. It is comparable to a Tunze Turbelle Stream Pump 6100 (again, up to 3,000 gals/hour). A Tunze 6100 with a magnet holder is about $370 from marinedepot so actually it is price competitive for the application it is designed for.

You need to compare apples to apples and know the application or environment that the pump is designed to be used for.

Here is the unit installed within my prop tank.

Piece that resides outside the tank..

VortechOutside.jpg

Piece that sits inside the tank..

VortechInside.jpg

I'm still cracking up that someone would even think about intsalling one of these in a nano tank... :lol:

It's been up and running in my tank for a while now. No issues or problems so far... B)

Does have a few problems though.

Do you have one? If so, what problems have you run into?

Archived