Lindseys 12 Nano cube deluxe

Bettonskyblue

Bettonskyblue

Hello!

I have been following this website for over two years now and after taking a break from keeping a tank i have decided to start a new one. My old tank resides in WV with my mother. I moved to NC for a great job and now that I am settled I talked my husband into a new tank. I decided to start small and I didnt want to make the same mistakes last time with filtration and lighting (the last tank I had I killed alot of stuff making stupid mistakes under the misguidance my my LFS) so I decided to get a Nano cube deluxe with everything all built in. I have seen where alot of people on here do alot of Mods I dont think I am up for that so my goal is to not keep more than I can handle with my stock Nano cube deluxe. So almost two months ago I got my Cube and stand and later found out that I paid way to much for it. My LFS is overpriced on most things but its the only one I have to go to other than Petco

Tank: Nano cube deluxe 12g 250.00

Stand: the one with the door 119.00

12# Live rock

10# Live sand

1 Fusion Skimmer 45.00 (also paid to much)

I also changed up my back chambers after reading alot of advice on the subject

Chamber 1 "Grunge" Live sand and Rock rubble from LFS

Chamber 2 Carbon bag and Bio stuff

Chamber 3 Fusion skimmer, Flilter floss, and temp gage

I let my tank sit for a month and then went and got

2 Emerald crabs ( I have heard bad things about them since, we will see)

3 blue leg Hermits

2 Turbo snails

1 Unidentifed sail that came with crabs

I let them sit for another month and then yesterday I went and picked up my two True Percs I wanted 2 small ones but one of the ones I ordered died so i ended up with 1 small and 1 large...guess I know which one will be the female.

I plan on letting them sit for a week or so and see how they do then I would like to go get some more snails and a coral. Now I have to read around this site and figure out what coral to get first. I am thinking some Zoos or mushrooms I want something hardy for my first coral. Any Advice?

I will post some pictures later!

fishguy13

I also have a nanocube DX Right now im rewireing the the lighting so each light with turn on diffrently so i gona go to buy a second ballest. But the night lite work s so im good GOOD LUCK!!!

:D:P

Bettonskyblue

I am hoping to have pictures on here as soon as I can figure out how to get them loaded onto my computer...

by the way

the LFS sold me a frozen food that came in cubes and was considered a "variety" he said I should let it thaw, mix it all up and take a little out at a time to feed my fish. Well the clowns dont really like it and it gets droped to the bottom before they can eat much at all. Should i feed it differently or something different? The last clowns I had ate flakes but they were tank raised...these arent. Any suggestions?

lindsey

Hello!

I have been following this website for over two years now and after taking a break from keeping a tank i have decided to start a new one. My old tank resides in WV with my mother. I moved to NC for a great job and now that I am settled I talked my husband into a new tank. I decided to start small and I didnt want to make the same mistakes last time with filtration and lighting (the last tank I had I killed alot of stuff making stupid mistakes under the misguidance my my LFS) so I decided to get a Nano cube deluxe with everything all built in. I have seen where alot of people on here do alot of Mods I dont think I am up for that so my goal is to not keep more than I can handle with my stock Nano cube deluxe. So almost two months ago I got my Cube and stand and later found out that I paid way to much for it. My LFS is overpriced on most things but its the only one I have to go to other than Petco

Tank: Nano cube deluxe 12g 250.00

Stand: the one with the door 119.00

12# Live rock

10# Live sand

1 Fusion Skimmer 45.00 (also paid to much)

I also changed up my back chambers after reading alot of advice on the subject

Chamber 1 "Grunge" Live sand and Rock rubble from LFS

Chamber 2 Carbon bag and Bio stuff

Chamber 3 Fusion skimmer, Flilter floss, and temp gage

I let my tank sit for a month and then went and got

2 Emerald crabs ( I have heard bad things about them since, we will see)

3 blue leg Hermits

2 Turbo snails

1 Unidentifed sail that came with crabs

I let them sit for another month and then yesterday I went and picked up my two True Percs I wanted 2 small ones but one of the ones I ordered died so i ended up with 1 small and 1 large...guess I know which one will be the female.

I plan on letting them sit for a week or so and see how they do then I would like to go get some more snails and a coral. Now I have to read around this site and figure out what coral to get first. I am thinking some Zoos or mushrooms I want something hardy for my first coral. Any Advice?

I will post some pictures later!

Mushrooms are very easy to grow and almost impossible to kill. They multiply like crazy.

Bettonskyblue
your nano cube deluxe should have only cost around $170

Yeah I know I got ripped off! They are really high on alot of stuff, but it was either that or order it online, wait forever and pay for shipping...I guess I chose not to wait I was too excited to get it home..I know that was stupid of me.

SHRODKAR~ thanks for the advice I think i will try mushrooms next!

I am not a technology person. I have my Camera, my USB cord and I cant figure out how to get my pictures uploaded. I think there may have been a disk with a program to upload that has been long lost...oh well I guess I will have to either A get a new camera or B get the pictures put on a CD at walmart and then put them on here.

have a good day!

SanDiegoIllini
I am not a technology person. I have my Camera, my USB cord and I cant figure out how to get my pictures uploaded. I think there may have been a disk with a program to upload that has been long lost...oh well I guess I will have to either A get a new camera or B get the pictures put on a CD at walmart and then put them on here.

have a good day!

Some cameras I know of it works like this: Plug the USB into the camera and the computer. Turn the camera on, then put the camera on 'review' mode (instead of photo taking mode). The computer will then start the program required to suck the pictures off of the camera memory card. I think this was an old Canon that worked like that.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend buying a USB card reader, they are cheap. You would not then have to get a new camera. Something like this: "Sandisk SDDR-99 ImageMate 5-in-1 Reader/Writer". You can probably find at Best Buy or Walmart, they are pretty common. There are probably zillions of other models, 7 in one, etc. They should not be more than $10-20. You'd probably spend that much at walmart just getting a CD once. Just make sure it has the kind of size hole for the memory card that your camera has (it probably does, notice how it has 5 in 1). Plug the card reader into the computer. You take the memory card out of the camera and plug it into the card reader. The memory card is then available to you through 'My computer' just like a CD or a disk with files on it. You can drag and drop to copy the files from the memory card to whatever place on the computer you want.

Bettonskyblue

Wow~ Thanks! YOur first suggestion worked! Thank you so much. Now I can post pictures! post-3327-1147109348_thumb.jpgpost-3327-1147109539_thumb.jpgpost-3327-1147109525_thumb.jpgpost-3327-1147109500_thumb.jpg

My camera does stink though...so the pictures are not that great but hey its a start!

PROBLEM:

My big clown has an eye that looks poped out this morning is that really bad?

thanks

lindsey

SanDiegoIllini
Wow~ Thanks! YOur first suggestion worked! Thank you so much. Now I can post pictures! post-3327-1147109348_thumb.jpgpost-3327-1147109539_thumb.jpgpost-3327-1147109525_thumb.jpgpost-3327-1147109500_thumb.jpg

My camera does stink though...so the pictures are not that great but hey its a start!

PROBLEM:

My big clown has an eye that looks poped out this morning is that really bad?

thanks

lindsey

Glad to hear that worked for the pictures. They're good enough to see what is going on.

I don't know about the clown's eye, hopefully someone else will know.

What are the water levels like in the back three chambers? Is the filter floss completely submerged?

• 2 weeks later...
Bettonskyblue

Hello all!

I went to the LFS today and got four frags and some N. snails. I got some orange zoos, some yellow zoos and purple zoos, a colt coral and a stony coral...I forget what its called but he said it was one of the easiest to keep and hes aid its a form of a brain coral. I put them in my tank today, I will wait for them to get all comfy and then take some pictures. I am Happy! I finally have corals....

Oh yeah... last week I got a sebae anemone and its doing well. My clowns havent paid any attention to it ata ll though. I would like to get a torch coral down the road and see if they like that better. well I will try and get those pics later...

by the way my clowns are doing great!

se eya

lindsey

• 2 weeks later...
Bettonskyblue

Sorry no more pics yet..my camera sucks. but I can't buy another one because my other hobby...is consuming all my money (showing horses)

I got a piece of frogspawn and some GSP the other day, Hopefully I can get some pics on here that aren't too horrible

heres my new delima, I am sick of my clowns...they dont do anything but hang in the upper left hand corner...they hardly swim around the tank at all. They wont host anything either. I am thinking of trading them in for something new what doyou think?

lindsey

Bettonskyblue
how is the skimmer working for you, also what do you have in there for a pump?

ADAM

Hi Adam,

I have the stock pump in there right now, I am going to upgrade to a Maxi 1200 ? because my stock pump keeps quitting on me. I took out the skimmer finally becasue it barely fits and i am sick of messing with the water levels which I am having a problem with anyway.

Heres the problem, my first chamber has sludge in it, my second has carbon and filter floss and my third only has my temp gauge and pump...The third chamber never has enough water in it its always really really low which causes it to shoot bubbles in my tank. Why can't I get this right? Plus if the water is too high in my tank I have a corner that leaks really bad, which scares me because I have read stories about tanks cracking int he corner. I am so frustrated with this Nano cube...I wish I had just gotten a 20L.

GRrrrrrrr

lindsey

Bettonskyblue

Can an emerald crab eat a small clown? Like catch it and eat it? my small clown is MIA

masterbuilder

I would bet the the stuff in the 1st chamber is restricting the flow too much causing the water to be very low in the other chambers.

I (and most others) put a small amount of floss and any chems in chamber 1, rubble (or macro) in 2 and pump/heater in 3.

Remove the sand from chamber 1 and drop it into your tank. Try this and I bet it will all work out.

Bettonskyblue

Ok,

I changed the back chambers and now all is well! :)

First chamber Carbon, Bag of water cleaner..chemipure or something lke that and filter floss

Second chamber live rock rubble

Third, pump, heater and temp gauge

Good news my Zoos have a new bud!

:)

well gotta go

lindsey

Archived