inTank Media Baskets

20H FO suggestions

SuperPuffer

SuperPuffer

I guess adding inverts would make it not exactly a Fish Only but what are some cool inverts that do not depend on lr or sand/fine substrates?

any suggestions? i would like to try a star but i'm a little afraid because of their "sensativity" and do they all need sand, like the sandsifter star obviously does? if i've had say, a cleaner shrimp can i handle a larger star?

SuperPuffer
serpent star

yuck, no brittle stars, they always hide during the day...

specs? ok, the specifics:

20H

Artificial Plants/Decor

Aquaclear 50 HOB Filter

1x Maxi 1200

50w Heater

15w Flourecent (50/50, I know it's nothing, the reason I made the switch to FO was due to my PCs busting :( )

Air pump (to produce bubbles)

Crushed Coral Substrate (Not name brand, the larger grade stuff, more like gravel)

I think that's it...

im taking a wild guess on the chocolate stars. they maynot need it try a search/read on them
I've read about chocolate chip stars eating small fish (including clowns). I wouldn't add one to a tank that size.

I don't know if serpents hide as much as brittles do. The ones I've seen at my LFS seem to be visible a lot, and they're prettier than brittles. I don't know how safe they are with fish, though.

I've been coveting a long-spine urchin, but they get soooo big.

Most of the pretty stars (Linkias and the like) eat film algea, and there won't be much of that in your tank without the LR. Rrchins feed on algea, too - except a few species, which eat fish.

Shrimp will probably be your best bet. Since there's no coral in your tank, you can be worry-free with invert additions.

You could always get a pair of harlequin shrimp - then you'll have the starfish anyway, at least for a few days at a time. :)

SuperPuffer
Most of the pretty stars (Linkias and the like) eat film algea, and there won't be much of that in your tank without the LR. Rrchins feed on algea, too - except a few species, which eat fish.

Shrimp will probably be your best bet. Since there's no coral in your tank, you can be worry-free with invert additions.

You could always get a pair of harlequin shrimp - then you'll have the starfish anyway, at least for a few days at a time. :)

you aren't serious are you? too much work when i could just have a sexy shrimp... so, am i "allowed" to do this:

1x Sexy Shrimp

1x Cleaner Shrimp

1x Blood Red Fire Shrimp

10x Trochus/Astrea Snails

2x Red legged Hermits (Not too fond of these however)

how does that sound?

Hehe, sounds good. Sexies are tiny, though - you'll probably never see him, especially without a coral or anemone to host in. :)

SuperPuffer
Hehe, sounds good. Sexies are tiny, though - you'll probably never see him, especially without a coral or anemone to host in. :)

how tiny, my lfs hardly ever carries them so i wouldn't know, i'm throwing a fake anenome in there so you do you think it might go in there? maybe i should get a few more...

SuperPuffer
Maybe an inch, tops, at the largest - usually half that. I doubt they'd host a fake anemone.

do they really hide a lot, what if I got like 6 of 'em?

Fishfreak218

thats what i said..

;):) lolol srry.. saw gwen stephani. and thought girl.. my friend tannor she was like upsessed with gwen stephani.. maybe i thought of her and said she.. srry

SuperPuffer
I thought that was you and thought wow this chic takes some weird pics of herself.

lol, that is the funniest thing i've ever heard... lol...

here's the whole pic since everyone is sooo curious

GwenStefani17.jpg

ok, lets get back on topic now... lol...

Archived