Another Paint Question

viix

Ok now I looked all over for the answer to this question and couldn't find one.

Question: How is it that painting your tank does not harm the fish? Considering that you have to be very careful at what you clean the outside with.

I really dont think I'm alone with this question. Thanks for any info...

Ok now I looked all over for the answer to this question and couldn't find one.

Question: How is it that painting your tank does not harm the fish? Considering that you have to be very careful at what you clean the outside with.

I really dont think I'm alone with this question. Thanks for any info...

you only paint the outside of your tank and clean up any overspray that may have made its way into the tank.

funkyfish77

the reason u have to be carefull cleaning the outside is cause the over spray

from windex or what ever clean the outside with. u don't want windex in ur tank hope that helps

you only paint the outside of your tank and clean up any overspray that may have made its way into the tank.

yes I just painted my tank and got over spray on the inside and the two sides on the outside. I was using an exacto knife to get the over spray off but it was hard because it was so little and plus I notice it was uneven. yesterday I bought a 2 in blade. this works so well I got all of it off easily ( except for my curved corners)

It might sound dumb but I was always told that the cemicals from the cleaners would bleed though the glass. Thanks for the info and I'll be painting my tank tonight. And roxy have no fear I'm a master of masking tape and newspaper... B)

someone was pulling your leg, it is overspray that causes the problem with home chemicals. Glass is impermiable in our lifetimes.

Masking will make life very easy. It should only take about 20 minutes to mask everything. Give about 5 minutes between coats and let it cure for 24 hours or so, assuming you are using a basic spray paint. Make sure the glass you are painting is nice and clean. I'd also wash everything out afterward just to keep everything clean. Oh yeah, pull your masking about 5 or 10 minutes after your last coat. That way the paint won't be fully cured and will be less likely to chip or peel from the glass.

It might sound dumb but I was always told that the cemicals from the cleaners would bleed though the glass.

Well, if the chemicals bled through, wouldn't the water bleed out? B)

Archived